This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Snowflakes
Toni polished off her breakfast and slid the tray to one side. Ms. Weber must not be too familiar with Army operations if she expected Toni to give her an answer to that question. "We fly out when we fly out, Ms. Weber,"
she replied. "There's a saying in the Army. 'Hurry up and wait.' Our job is to be prepared to go. We don't ask when, we just hurry up -- and wait."

She finished off her water while waiting for the young girl to finish her fruit. No meat on her tray, Toni noticed. Who would turn their nose up at bacon? Maybe it was a religious thing. The girl obviously didn't have dietary restrictions, judging by the eggs she'd grabbed. While waiting, Toni reconsidered her answer. After all, she didn't do anyone any favors by antagonizing the girl.

" We don't release travel specifics for security reasons. You may find yourself around a lot of classified information on this mission that could harm you, or us, if it was published. As a part of your embed agreement, Vulpesnet has agreed that you won't report something we say is off the record. I don't want you to accidentally break the agreement because then we'd have to kick you out of country."
Plus, no one really knew exactly. It could be tomorrow or six days from now. Probably tomorrow at zero dark thirty. She drummed her fingers on the table. "Here's what I can tell you. We are a Rapid Deployment Force, which means it is our mission to have combat troops wheels-up and on the way within eighteen hours of receiving orders. So I wouldn't make plans for Friday night if I were you."

Toni stood up and grabbed her tray. "Any other questions or are you ready to get fitted for your body armor?"

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Toni Perez - 09-14-2016, 11:10 PM
[No subject] - by Toni Perez - 09-16-2016, 05:15 PM
[No subject] - by Carolyne Weber - 09-16-2016, 06:13 PM
[No subject] - by Toni Perez - 09-16-2016, 07:01 PM
[No subject] - by Carolyne Weber - 09-16-2016, 11:49 PM
[No subject] - by Toni Perez - 09-17-2016, 12:34 AM
[No subject] - by Carolyne Weber - 09-17-2016, 07:53 PM
[No subject] - by Toni Perez - 09-17-2016, 08:30 PM
[No subject] - by Carolyne Weber - 09-17-2016, 09:54 PM
[No subject] - by Toni Perez - 09-17-2016, 11:10 PM
[No subject] - by Carolyne Weber - 09-18-2016, 12:19 AM