This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Now I Know
Mr. Trujillo showed Katchina in, and she placed down the cup before walking in, releasing the power as she did so. While doing so she bit back a sigh of regret. It had become much easier, now, than it had been in her early days, letting go. Yet it still stung a bit of loss and regret. Not much different than the ache that remained within her heart for her father.

Katchina allowed John Donaghy to take her hand and she met his blue eyes with her brown ones. The man flashed her a smile. Certainly a charmer, that one. A man who belonged in Washington. Either he liked people, or he liked making people think he liked them. She would withhold her judgment for now. She gave him a polite dip of her head and a small smile that touched her own eyes, then took a seat and crossed her legs with her hands folded atop her left knee, ready to listen.

When the man was finished, Katchina found herself nodding in agreement. Yes, this man cut right to the heart of the matter. Channelers would continue to be targeted, perhaps more so than ever. If the Justice Department was earnestly concerned with those goals, they would need channelers who would cooperate with them. It would keep fear and mistrust at bay.

"Thank you, Mr. Donaghy, I'm happy to hear that, and I am more than happy to give you whatever assistance I can,"

she replied. "However, I hope you understand that, as someone now known to be a channeler, I may have some reservations over what I may be made to do on behalf of the federal government. As a Government Service employee I've already been ordered by the military to spy on a lawful but private assembly."
If Major Harris was up to no good, the Department of Justice would be the first to want to know. And, of course, if the Department was fine with Major Harris' actions, it would tell Katchina all she needed to know.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Beto - 09-22-2016, 02:08 PM
[No subject] - by Katchina Makawee - 09-30-2016, 06:13 PM
[No subject] - by Beto - 10-08-2016, 05:48 PM
[No subject] - by Katchina Makawee - 10-15-2016, 04:22 PM
[No subject] - by Beto - 10-18-2016, 01:50 PM