This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Eye of the Storm
“Twenty-four hour lockdown maggots, back to your cells and shut the fuck up,”
the gristly voice echoed through the halls of C-5. Some of the less prudent inmates attempted to protest with unpleasant consequence.

Damien detached himself from the conflagration and focused on the power of light. He was sat upright on his bed against the wall and stared with a blind gaze at the sliver wall. He felt the flow of elemental might from his fingertips to toes. It was marvellous; so much more so than he had first thought. With each step forward his hunger grew for deeper knowledge.

He also felt the flow grow stronger although the progress was capricious. Sometimes he spent months without gain before his capacity spiked. It was but one of the mysteries he had not yet pierced. Each discovery was accompanied by numerous questions which he met with undaunted perseverance. He had felt the pull of oblivion at the precipice of the raging light but neglected to bend to its will. The power was his. He used it as he wished and no other way.

It had been weeks since his failed appeal and the end of his penance but he had yet to secure an opportunity worth taking until today.

A crack of thunder pealed overhead and the light allowed him to feel the earth tremble beneath the violent storm.

Damien smiled.

“Good boy, Oakland. I don’t know how the Warden tamed you but I thank God that he did.”

His gaze flickered to the armoured woman. Her face was split by a vulgar grin that twisted her otherwise pleasant features. That one took perverse pleasure in taunting her subjects.

“Not up for a chat? You’re not reading one of your books,”
she let out a short, sharp yap of laughter. “And you have all the time in the world.”

Damien pursed his lips. She had disturbed his concentration. “Do you have nothing better to do?”

Her laughter irritated him and worse, she knew it. “I could stand around while those other fucking perverts fantasize about raping and cutting my throat but I’m not in the mood for that today.”

“You are going to kill me, what makes you think I care?”

“Don’t be like that, Oakland. I don’t want to kill anyone. Death is too good for some of you fuckers.”

Damien was inclined to agree. Death was not the worst thing one could inflict on a person.

CODE 241. CODE 241, blared over the loudspeakers. The woman looked disappointed but signalled her acknowledgement before one last glance at Damien. “Looks like you got your wish, Oakland. Damn architects! Which genius decided to put a prison on the fucking ocean?”

Damien rose as soon as he heard the guard’s footsteps fade and approached the seamless cell door full of light and power. With practiced precision he short circuited the lock with a carefully placed and controlled flame.

It slid open with a satisfactory hiss and Damien made his way out of the cell without a second glance. He had all he needed from this cursed hell-house within him.

The optical panel which protected Section C-5 was easier to bypass despite what he had thought. As another growl of thunder shook the ground under his sensitive feet the panel sizzled and the heavy steel slid open.

A pudgy pig-faced man rounded on him in surprise when he heard the door open. “Wha-?”

Damien acted quickly with a brutal club of Air knocking the man to the ground. Blood began to pool around his fractured skull but Damien pressed on. He ignored the shouts of the inmates who saw him pass through the orderly halls. They howled their indignation and pleaded for their freedom but Damien had no intention of confederacy. If they wished for their freedom, they could attain it themselves.

The thunder grew louder and more frequent overhead and alarms started to buzz forcing Damien to quicken his stride. The next two guards he encountered were armed with loaded machine guns but had little chance to use them as he swept them from their feet with unseen hammers before they had spied him.

His heart beat faster in his chest despite the prevailing calm that came with the light. It was in part fear but the larger portion was the thrill of escape. He had waited patiently for so long.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Damien - 03-01-2014, 09:03 PM
[No subject] - by Damien - 03-02-2014, 09:27 AM
[No subject] - by Damien - 03-03-2014, 08:10 AM