This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Money and Lives
Eleanor's lips lifted in genial greeting as Jacques Danjou's face appeared on screen. She did not blink at his recognition; in fact, given who she was, she rather expected it. If he had been ignorant it would not have inspired confidence. "Plenty I'm sure, Mister Danjou. It is a dark night indeed."
He was younger than she had expected, and for a few seconds it drew her scrutiny. She may not like the American Samatha Brown over much, but she did trust her; besides which the facts spoke for themselves. Legion Premiere might be a veritable unknown within the CCD, but in Africa they had garnered quite the reputation.

"But I am not calling on behalf of the Red Cross. It is a private matter"
She placed a soft emphasis on 'private.' Jacques Danjou was a business man, and his sort did not get to such lofty places if they did not learn discretion. There was no threat or demand to her tone, of course; it only served to provide the man with context, and she trusted he could read between the lines. She had a reputation to preserve; one that could not be seen as throwing fortunes to protect a daughter while thousands of innocents burned. Natalie had chosen to work for the Red Cross. She had chosen to place herself in the danger of a tumultuous country.

Other than that subtlty she was forthright. Polite, professional, amiable; all the qualities one could expect of Eleanor Northbrook, but without pretension. She meant business.

"You are up to speed regarding the situation in Sierra Leone, I take it. Rather overshadowed by the terrible news in DV."
In fact, were it not for her system's instruction to watch over Natalie it might have been several more hours before she'd even been aware of it herself. "My daughter works in a school outside Freetown. I want her out of harm's way before the situation escalates. From all that I hear, time is of the essence. Will you take the contract?"

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jacques - 05-08-2014, 05:20 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 05-12-2014, 01:44 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 05-14-2014, 03:57 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 05-14-2014, 04:19 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 05-19-2014, 01:59 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 05-19-2014, 10:18 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 05-21-2014, 12:03 PM