This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Money and Lives
His pilots had hardly finished their course correction and gained clearance to enter Egyptian airspace, less than an hour's fight from the point of their turn, when Jacques' Wallet chimed to life again. Another priority message, routed from the home office in Casablanca.

"Danjou. Send."

"Sar. Custody of Defense on the line."
Commandant Tuff, a man of British origins and no shortage of experience in the CCD military, served as the officer of command of the headquarters when the CEO was away. He had the right and power to negotiate contracts and make bids when opportunities presented themselves. If he were contacting Jacques directly with something, then it was important. This was not something as simple as cancelling their clearance to DV and the greater CCD.

"Commandant. Put them through."

A moment later and Jacques was presented with a view of a board of Generals and their staff, all grim faced and some few too distracted to actually pay Jacques any mind. "Mr Danjou. We understand you have a standing force ready to deploy to the DV region."

Jacques' mind raced, and quickly came to the conclusion of what they were going to ask. Was the CCD caught so off guard they would turn to private security elements as a stop gap? It made sense. Mercenaries were readily available, not bound to Rules of Engagement, and most importantly, they were expendable. "That is correct, Sir. My men were in the final stages of preparation to redeploy to Jerusalem."

The Generals nodded, one eagerly, at the news. It was what they wanted to hear. "We also understand that many of your contracts in DV are already cancelled."

Jacques nodded again. "That is correct, Sir."

"We want to hire your men. We have VIPs and soldiers trapped at King Abdulaziz..."

"Airport. Yes. In Jeddah. 80km west of Mecca. Site of a CCD logistical base. Major port. I am aware of it."
Jacques began bringing up screens from his Wallet, out of sight of the CoD staff. They seemed...surprised, at his situational awareness.

"Exactly. As well as Um Salama Hospital..."

"That is the one south of the airport, correct? 6km, give or take."

Again they were surprised, but once more they carried on as if nothing were amiss. "Yes. Exactly. We wish to hire your men to assist in the evacuation of CCD soldiers and VIPs from both the airport and hospital."

"And civilians, of course."

They blanched and jaws clenched in irritation; Jacques was, apparently, running circles around them. "Yes. And civilians. Of course."

"$500,000,000. Plus tax breaks, which can be negotiated in exact detail when we both have more time to dally over numbers. And I will need access to live data-feed from satellites, drones, and aircraft you have in the area. Comms channels with your forces on the ground."
He began forwarding a barrage of information both to the CoD and to Commandant Tuffs. There was a lot of work to be done, and little time to do it in.

The Generals seemed nonplussed with his demands, "We cannot give a civilian, an AFRICAN civilian, access to our satellites."

"Fine. You will give it to one of your men on the ground. And he will give it to me. And watch."

They seemed confused by that logic, "And how exactly are one of our men going to watch you if you are in your jet?"

"I will be on the tarmac. Your man will meet me the moment I land. The longer you delay my access to that information, the more people that will die."

The gathered Generals' focus shifted away from Jacques to another screen he could not see. Something, or more likely some one, made the concession and the Generals paled but quickly agreed to the terms. "We will have someone meet you on the tarmac. When can you be on the ground?"

"Five hours. I will inform you of the concept of operations shortly."

The Generals sputtered again at being so calmly dismissed by Jacques, but a moment later and the feed was cut and he was delivered with confirmation of the funds transfer, as well as given contacts with various departments with which he would need to work.

It was amazing how smoothly the CCD could operate when the Ascendancy himself was looking over his people's shoulders.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jacques - 05-08-2014, 05:20 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 05-12-2014, 01:44 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 05-14-2014, 03:57 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 05-14-2014, 04:19 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 05-19-2014, 01:59 PM
[No subject] - by Jacques - 05-19-2014, 10:18 PM
[No subject] - by Natalie Grey - 05-21-2014, 12:03 PM