This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

On the Heights
The first thing that came to mind was that damn headband. It was grand enough, but it seemed like overkill out in the middle of nowhere. Michael did not bother hiding his surprise as he pulled himself away from the golden river of power.

Frustration was etched over his features at Nikolai's greeting. "Hardly,"
he replied.

After a glance at Nikolai's attire and his bodyguard, Michael shifted his focus back towards the house. It appeared the man inside was oblivious to their arrival. The steady beacon had neither waxed nor waned in the hour or so Michael had been in it's presence.

"I doubt you'd be here on my account,"
he continued. "Still, I am surprised to see you would come yourself."
The 'why' was obvious. "It seems he is strong enough to level the street if he wanted to,"
Michael explained. He did not know how much Nikolai knew of their powers - in all likelihood, much more than himself - but assumptions were for the lucky and the dead. He did style his explanation as a report though, quick and efficient if the man already knew and would not expose his ignorance if he did not. "I cannot say how skilled he is. There are no signs of open violence, for what that may be worth."

Michael did not like this. It would have been much easier by himself. There was no telling what Nikolai would do, nor how experienced he was with others of their kind or in battle itself for that matter.

Ultimately, Michael used technicality to deliver them both from further antagonism, even though he felt the urge to lash out at the inconvenience of the Ascendancy's presence. "How would you like to proceed, Ascendancy? It is my duty to oversee the Ascendant beings. In your stead, of course. Did you want to lead this operation yourself?"

Damn... Nikolai brought the worst out in him.

Edited by Michael Vellas, Sep 19 2014, 04:41 AM.
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-14-2014, 11:26 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-16-2014, 09:10 AM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 09-17-2014, 06:40 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-19-2014, 04:39 AM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 09-20-2014, 09:04 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-22-2014, 11:10 AM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 09-22-2014, 09:02 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-23-2014, 11:15 AM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 10-12-2014, 06:34 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 10-16-2014, 12:35 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 10-18-2014, 08:55 PM