This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Allies
Ricky smiled when she accepted the offer and Marta gave her a hug. He was glad she was staying. She had had some sort of dizzy spell, but seemed to be okay now. Ricky handed her a glass of water. "A pleasure Señorita Muñoz. You have nothing to apologize for. If you need Tylenol or anything, just let me know."

He smiled and washed his hands before getting back to work on dinner. Arroz con pollo sounded good and he went to work preparing it, allowing Marta some time with Camila. He took a look and Marta was having the panda "attack" Camila. Marta was smiling and giggling. It was strange that Marta had 180'd like that, but he was glad to see his little girl without her armor on. His little girl - it was something that came to his mind often, but always surprised him when it did.

As dinner got closer to being done, he turned. "Marta, it's time to wash up."
Marta turned to him and looked, but she set the bear down and left for the bathroom to wash her hands.

Ricky turned towards Camila. "I'm sorry if this is awkward for you, but thank you for staying. I've been taking care of her for a week and this is the first time...well...I was encouraged to hear her laugh and see her smile..."
Ricky had gone farther than he wanted to and his voice trailed off. He remained silent for a moment and then decided this woman deserved to know - and somehow he thought he could trust her now. Maybe it was Marta's quick connection to her. "You see...last week...men were paying to rape her at a Nuevo Leon brothel. That's why she is that way. It's been a really rough week for the both of us, but slowly, she's starting to heal. It was just with you - it seemed like those scars and memories went away for awhile. I don't know why she trusts you so quickly, but for the peace of mind you've given her today. I thank you - from the bottom of my heart I thank you."

Ricky's hadn't started to cry, but he felt like he was going to. He meant every word he had said to the woman. There was sadness and anger. Sadness for Marta and the girls like her and anger for the cartels that had raped his country. Unconsiously, his hand slipped to the pendant on his neck, reminding himself to not become Eduardo. He put his hand down and began to dish out the food.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Enrique - 01-02-2015, 12:40 AM
[No subject] - by Camila - 01-02-2015, 11:39 PM
[No subject] - by Enrique - 01-03-2015, 01:10 AM
[No subject] - by Camila - 01-04-2015, 09:19 PM
[No subject] - by Enrique - 01-04-2015, 10:56 PM
[No subject] - by Camila - 01-06-2015, 01:30 PM
[No subject] - by Enrique - 01-06-2015, 02:46 PM
[No subject] - by Camila - 01-09-2015, 01:11 AM
[No subject] - by Enrique - 01-09-2015, 01:44 PM
[No subject] - by Camila - 01-09-2015, 02:45 PM
[No subject] - by Enrique - 01-09-2015, 09:04 PM