This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Last Straw
Aria's mood didn't get any better wading through the rubble. It didn't help that she could feel Vega's eyes on her back the whole time. She could feel his distrust and wished that she hadn't said anything. He would have been clueless to who they were. Though she wasn't about to let Nox show up on the Atharim radar without a friend. Even through it all she didn't want him to be alone anymore than he was already. He was the last she had. Lucas was gone.

A new wave of fury rose up inside her she picked up a rock and threw it across the pile. It crashed into a pile and sent shards and dirt flying in every direction. There really was no point in looking through this pile of rubble. There was nothing salvageable. The fire had ravaged everything before it had finally collapsed in on itself. The Atharim knew how to make things disappear.

Aria climbed out of the pile and found a spot near the alley away from everyone and leaned against the building across from their destroyed home. Aria let the chaos of the world in, felt the world around her, searched for some semblance of hope. Something to cling to - but found nothing.

Eventually Aria felt Nox approaching long before he rounded the corner with a look of excitement on his face and it radiated from him. Aria couldn't help but offer him a smile as he sat down next to her. "Shitty day huh?"

Aria nodded and continued to stare across their former home.

"You want to talk about it?"
He was trying to be a friend. But Aria didn't want to talk about it and shook her head. Aria saw a grin play across his face. "Good. Neither do I."
He leaned forward and looked back at her over his shoulder, that sparkle of hope and excitement in his eyes. "I wielded two weaves earlier today. I don't know how yet, but I did it. I will get it."

Aria smiled. "That's good. At least your meeting with Ascendancy had something good come from it."

Nox frowned and leaned back against the wall. "Speaking of that. What happened?"

"He flew me to a hidden facility where he tested my so-called abilities. Now he wants me to kill a man who's causing hi problems."

Nox stared at her with a incredulous look.

"I will fly to Beijing and do that job. Then I have more personal matters to attend to."
Aria was lost in the chaos of the world. She pulled herself together again and looked back at her friend. She could tell something had changed. "You can't do this can you?"

Nox shook his head. "I thought I could. I'm sorry."

Aria smiled at Nox with reassurance. "I won't keep you to your promise. Though I expect you to try to keep me in line before that."

He grinned. "I'll do my best. The godling cop wants me to teach him."

It was Aria's turn to be surprised. She hadn't expected that. The man had seemed capable before. Capable didn't mean good though. And short of Michael Vellas, Nox was by far the best with his ability that she had seen. Granted that was a limited perspective, but still at least the cop knew something good when he saw it.

Aria stood up and held out her hand to Nox. "I will call when I get to Beijing. You take care teaching the cop."

There was little left to say so Aria walked away from her friend. She was going to find that Banker, and then she was going to hunt down her father and make him pay for what he'd done to her.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aria - 10-26-2015, 12:26 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 10-26-2015, 12:45 PM
[No subject] - by Dorian - 10-27-2015, 11:42 AM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 10-27-2015, 03:03 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 10-27-2015, 03:37 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 10-27-2015, 03:58 PM
[No subject] - by Dorian - 10-28-2015, 08:09 AM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 10-30-2015, 10:48 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 10-30-2015, 11:07 AM
[No subject] - by Dorian - 10-30-2015, 11:26 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 10-30-2015, 11:46 AM