This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A Chance Meeting
"So you hunt us because of stories that are thousands of years old? Yet you have no idea what we do, or how?" Aria could feel the edge of his anger. Aria wasn't sure she would be able to continue if he actually got angry. His entire being wrapped up in anger. Aria felt that if he got angry it could very well possibly be the last thing she felt. Blessing or curse, she wasn't sure. Burning out or death could bring peace to her tortured soul. It wasn't natural to feel what others felt, yet she did as if they were her own.

"Tell me. Tell me everything." She sighed. Everything was a lot. There was a lot in her mind. Her schooling was not like the normal kinds. A living encyclopedia of monsters was a better analogy for what she was. She knew monsters, even the monsters she wasn't supposed to know about. These so called gods, were only a small smattering of things that she wasn't supposed to know about. Few Atharim knew their purpose ultimately. But few even knew men like her savior even existed, much less that they claimed to be gods before.

Aria didn't believe they were gods. There was only one God, and he did not come to earth to flaunt his powers and seek to destroy humanity as these so called gods did thousands upon thousands of years ago. Aria couldn't tell him things she didn't know. How, why? She could only tell him things that would upset him. And it all came back to his anger. She could feel it building underneath his quiet and calm exterior. He was trying, but trying wasn't enough. Aria didn't want to be there when he got angry.

How could she take her mind off of him, and still answer his questions. His emotions were paying a toll on Aria, she could feel the weakness in her stomach, the pain at the edge of the very fragile bubble of her own emotions.

Aria started pacing. She had to do something, she from one end of the garden to the other before she could find any answers for him. "We hunt you because you are dangerous." She stopped and turned to him. "You had to do something, kill someone, cause a freak accident, something for us to find you in the first place." Aria sighed, "While killing you is probably the wrong action, it is the only action the Atharim hierarchy knows."

Walking helped but not enough. Aria's head started to throb through the tiny bubble. She started to rub her temples as she walked. "I believe, in my heart, that you were given a gift from God. You can use that gift to do what you please. But surely it's not evil unless you make it so. There are no gods. There were only men who became so full of themselves and their power that they believed themselves invincible. Where are they now?" She nearly spat the last words out. "They are dead because they made poor choices. None of what I say is what Atharim believe.

"How can the foundation of our society bent on maintaining the balance believe that all things are evil. The rougarou were once human. We know for A FACT that they were born human, raised in homes like normal children. It is not until later that they become cannibals. Until they turn to killing." She smiled. "Yet some, they find the ability to survive in our world. They maintain their sanity. They still hunger for human flesh, but they find a way to not kill and to survive."

"Wolfkin survive the world and they live and die human with out anyone including us finding out. The invention of colored contact lenses changed so many things for them. It is only the rogue, those that choose to become wolf that you ever hunt and have to kill. Why is there a death sentence on people like you, and while people like me get a free pass and work freely with them. I do not know, tradition." Aria sighed, "Things need to change."

Edited by Aria, Sep 16 2013, 10:22 AM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aria - 09-12-2013, 06:45 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-13-2013, 07:36 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 09-13-2013, 11:06 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-13-2013, 12:07 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 09-13-2013, 12:37 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-14-2013, 10:59 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 09-14-2013, 11:18 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-15-2013, 09:47 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 09-16-2013, 10:20 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-16-2013, 01:02 PM