This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A Chance Meeting
Aria followed him again, she was careful with every step. Every step brought them both closer to answers; she was eager and yet frightened. She was glad he chose to stay in the garden. She could feel the wariness around him. He took a seat on a bench and Aria smiled as she sat on the grass and lay back and stared up at the sky. It wasn't underwater, but something about nature was very soothing for Aria.

"Who are you people? What do you know about the...powers...I possess, and why do you hunt me?" His question came out like cold and calculated. There was no doubt he wanted answers. But the answers weren't easy to explain nor did she know how much to actually tell him. There were secrets no Atharim told another outside of their society. Yet here she was pondering on just what facts would ease his soul, and which would be kept secret. Just talking to him was against protocol.

Aria watched the bird flitter through the trees and smile at it's blissful freedom. "We are called the Atharim. We hunt monsters." She turned her head to watch his reaction. She doubted he enjoyed being called that. Aria tried to block out his emotions, it wasn't very fair to know exactly what he was feeling. But it was harder than answering forbidden questions. "We hunt in secret. You don't even know they exist in most cases." He was an exception. "Why are they hunting you I don't know for sure." She gave a small laugh, it wasn't funny, "But you had to do something with your power to bring attention to yourself." Aria sat up and turned towards him. "We can't find you like other monsters." She frowned. "You are new to the current hunter. We don't know how to track you yet. It's probably why you made it to Moscow in one piece."

Aria paused a moment. "But you aren't a monster. You look human." She stood up, "You act human." She smiled. "You saved me. Monster's don't save people. I know little about what you do. Only snippets of books I've read. Gods smiting their followers with unknown powers. The Atharim hunting them down and nearly destroying themselves. What you do I know nothing of other than that I've seen it with my own two eyes. You make everything I ever learned about people like you and about the monsters we hunt put to question. You confuse my life by even existing."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aria - 09-12-2013, 06:45 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-13-2013, 07:36 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 09-13-2013, 11:06 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-13-2013, 12:07 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 09-13-2013, 12:37 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-14-2013, 10:59 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 09-14-2013, 11:18 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-15-2013, 09:47 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 09-16-2013, 10:20 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-16-2013, 01:02 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 09-16-2013, 02:24 PM