This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A New Start
Michael listened, and his rage was fanned once more. As this Giovanni spoke, Michael could detect the accents of Italy in his voice. Another foreigner, another man running from the hunters. But why Moscow? A thought for another time.

It was clear that Giovanni knew more of the Atharim than he let on - perhaps more than Michael knew himself, although that wasn't a hard feat all things considered - and he could see the deep roots of fear alongside sprouts of defiance in Giovanni's words.

He took a moment to reply, allowing the rage at yet another example of the callous nature of the Atharim to abate. "Abomination? Do you feel like one?"
he did not wait for an answer. "No doubt something happened in the past, it happened to me. The power ran wild, and I killed someone."
The memories no longer hurt. "A mistake, but nothing that an ordinary man hasn't done. How many people have killed someone by mistake? The only difference is the method."

Michael paused, taking a drink. He could not read Giovanni, his reactions were unpredictable. From a thief to a frightened child and then a self-professed abomination. Who knew what toll the past had taken on the man's sanity?

"I can't tell you if we are an abomination or not, and I don't really care. However, I can show you how to control your power. At least then you can choose for yourself whether you become the abomination you are supposed to be."

Edited by Michael Vellas, Sep 27 2013, 08:34 AM.
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Giovanni Cavelli - 09-18-2013, 08:09 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-20-2013, 09:25 AM
[No subject] - by Giovanni Cavelli - 09-21-2013, 02:44 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-22-2013, 01:21 AM
[No subject] - by Giovanni Cavelli - 09-24-2013, 01:44 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-25-2013, 06:43 AM
[No subject] - by Giovanni Cavelli - 09-25-2013, 11:06 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-26-2013, 01:42 AM
[No subject] - by Giovanni Cavelli - 09-26-2013, 10:00 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 09-27-2013, 03:24 AM
[No subject] - by Giovanni Cavelli - 09-30-2013, 01:25 PM