This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Uncovering the Past
The man standing before John gave off a very wary scent. Almost as if he had just been told that he had two minutes to live. John paused, this man seemed be an a razors edge. Was this about his faith? Or something else?

Looking at the man, John could see that he was trembling, but he had a tight rein on his emotions. Almost as if he just pushed them all to side to ignore for the moment. Everything seemed to hinge his question. John began to tense up, he was beginning to wonder if he would survive the day. What did this man? Was he here by design? Or was this a chance meeting? Did he know what John was looking for? Or why?

John was working himself into a frenzy. he became to consider pulling out one of ceramic stilettos and hope for a break in his escape. He hated killing humans.

The stranger visibly softened. He carefully touched Johns shoulder and began to speak. " My name in Jensen. I am not a threat, but I NEED to know what you meant by 'the Bible may be more than it professes to be.'"

As the words settled in John's ears, all of his tension left him. He felt at peace. Refreshed and confident. Look in the man's eyes was tortuous. He seemed as if his whole life was going to revolve around the answer John gave him. So John decided to tell him. He decided to trust for once.

"My name is John, but I am also Doulou. I will answer you to the best of my ability. First and foremost, I believe that Jesus Christ was the son of God. He is my Lord and Savior. Secondly, I believe that the Bible is the infallible and inerrant Word of God. Third, I believe that he is the Light of this world."

Jensen relaxed after hearing the beginning of John's monologue. John couldn't tell why, but he continued his discourse. At least the man hadn't killed him yet.

"For the rest, hear me out with an open mind and understand that some of what I say I will expound upon here but I will go in to greater detail in a more 'closed' environment. I believe that the Bible was not written for the reasons that we believe. I also believe, for reasons unknown, that the Catholic Church began using Bibles to preserve information from a time that may pre-date the story of creation. Some of the things that I will tell you may seem contradictory to my first 3 statements. I will not try to reconcile my findings from my research with my faith. 'Now, faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things unseen.' My faith is strong enough to wait for God to explain my why this was in His design."

" Now back to the Church; the Church began collecting unknown writings from an unknown time and took it upon themselves to preserve these documents for some unknown reason. This began in the time of Pope Vigilius somewhere between 537-555. I do not know how long they continued doing this other than enterprise lasted for atleast 400 years."

John could see the questions on new found friend's face, but the man held his tongue. John was impressed.

" So far it appears that the Roman Catholic Church was alone in this task. I have only found these buried writings in Latin Bibles from the dark ages. The priests wrote down what they wanted to preserve on parchment or vellium, and then they removed the writing. They then used those same pages and copied the Bible on them. Originally, I believed it chance or weird twist of fate that these writings survived, but my research has shown otherwise."

" I was blessed with a passion for the Truth, a spirit of Discernment, and other gifts that enable me to do the task of my master. I not the best at what I do, but I am all there is. So the job falls on me. On my wrist I have 'Doulou', to help encourage me to do what I must. If my master wants me to do that which appears to cast doubt on Him and His Word, who am I to question him."

John paused and slowly rolled up his left sleeve and showed Jensen his forearm. He waited to recognition on the man's face. John smiled. 'He knows his Greek', John thought to himself.

Jensen's eyebrows rose and he looked perplexed. Instinctively he traced the words written in Greek... 'wicked and faithless slave.' The words Jesus spoke over a man before casting him in a lake from one of the Parables. And this man had it branded on himself.

'When my Father calls me home, I pray that He feels that I am worthy to have it removed. If you have any more questions for me I suggest that we find a more private location. But either way, here is my contact information. I am new to Moscow, and I have greatly enjoyed your company." With that John wrote down his info and held out the paper for Jensen. John wondered if he would accept it.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by doulou - 09-22-2013, 07:02 PM
[No subject] - by doulou - 09-22-2013, 09:15 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 09-24-2013, 08:13 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 09-24-2013, 06:29 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 09-24-2013, 07:43 PM
[No subject] - by doulou - 09-24-2013, 09:22 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 09-25-2013, 08:04 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 09-25-2013, 09:05 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 09-26-2013, 05:58 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 09-26-2013, 05:41 PM
[No subject] - by doulou - 09-28-2013, 01:45 PM