This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Haven
Finally. This was the first time since he was approached by Jensen that the man smelled like a stalwart soldier for the Faith. The man that John knew Jensen to be. Jensen was spot on about the Greek. It was written by either an educated native speaker or a well versed linguist. It was more akin to Paul's Greek than that of John's obvious unfamiliarity with writing in Greek.

"It is almost as old as some of the most ancient Sumerian writings. It is the oldest known piece of Greek in existence, so old it is on a stone tablet. It not only pre-dates when we thought that the Greek language was developed, it pre-dates contemporary beliefs of not only Biblical Authorship. It pre-dates the Patriarchs. It pre-dates when some scholars believe Adam would have been created. And this is only one of many such prophecies recovered from the vessel. All of them seem to pertain to 'A War of the Heavens.'"

John visibly shuddered at voicing that in front of another human. Not just in front of another believer, but a man that John admired and respected for years, Jensen James. A man who was able to relate the Old Covenant with the New Covenant in a way that could embarrass any theologian past or present. A man that could preach the Sufficiency of Christ with such authority and passion while presenting it in a way that the newest Christian could easily grasp. It was a pleasing thought that God chose not to put Jensen on a shelf. That fact in itself was all the conformation John needed to be certain that God was not done with Jensen James. 'No one can snatch them out of my hand'(John10:28b).

"And well over 3000 years before it was believed that anyone had the capability to cross the Atlantic. I have yet to confirm this, but I believe that this prophetic writing is inscribed in Egyptian Hieroglyphics, Sumerian cuneiform, Sanskrit, and in at least one language that I have never encountered."

"What has me baffled is why would anyone would undertake the enormous effort and expense to translate a prophecy in so many languages and then carry them across the ocean. The danger of doing this 500 years ago was staggering. Can you imagine what could possible compel some one to do this almost 5000 years ago? These people were not on an expedition. They were on a exodus. They were running for their lives with the most valuable of their possessions. Knowledge. How eminent did they believe this prophecy to be? To flee blindly into the unknown?"

John looked into himself. He allowed his mind to float momentarily. It would make this easier for him. To say the unthinkable. To voice aloud what was obviously done by a conspiring group of people who were once in control of ALL knowledge.

"'Mighty Men of Reknown, The Sons of God, Angels, and Demons', I believe that they exist in fact on this earth today. I believe that they may have always been in existence on earth, and I believe that information was withheld for reasons unknown. I have personally encountered and slain things that are nothing less than supernatural. And they were without a doubt evil. And inhuman."

"Now with the coming of what can be nothing other than the emergence of the Army of Darkness, where is the Army of Light?"

Edited by doulou, Oct 28 2013, 09:57 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 10-11-2013, 07:30 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 10-14-2013, 09:09 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 10-18-2013, 09:25 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 10-27-2013, 09:32 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 10-28-2013, 10:11 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 10-28-2013, 07:58 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 10-29-2013, 11:17 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 10-29-2013, 09:33 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 10-30-2013, 07:30 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 10-30-2013, 08:56 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 10-31-2013, 06:13 AM