This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Guardians of Prophecy
John skipped a beat. Armande had more layers than an onion. Each one being infinitely more complex than the previous. Nothing shook the man. Even when surprised his recovery was almost immediate. Armande might be associated with the Church, but it was now obvious that we was in fact separate from it as well.

So he didn't take much stock in the Anti Christ possibility, but he did have his own assumptions as to who Brandon was. If Brandon wasn't Armande's enemy, Armande was clearly Brandon's enemy. John was very close to the mark.

Armande's scent changed ever so slightly as he asked John "What evidence have you of such a claim?"
Gone was the 'do I kill it now or later' scent (well, suppressed more than gone). What replaced is was more of approval mixed with contemplation. Like a master evaluating the progress of his apprentice; trying to decide if the boy was fit to be let of apron strings. In any other circumstance John might have been flattered.

John did what any Padawan would do when faced with a question from a Jedi Master. He answered. "The strongest evidence is the man himself. By using the name Ascendancy he is proclaiming himself as a 'god'. His actions and persona are of a man who believes that he is at the very least divinely guided but more likely the physically manifestation of a divine being. Although the writing call him the 'angel of the abyss he fits more into the description of the 'man of perdition'. "

"The prophetic writings in front of us all easily fit him.
The bloodless conqueror, who will conquer not with armies and machines of war, but with gold and guile.
Is a good description of his rise to power.
He will move into the East and dominate the land.
His origin simply explained
and the world will crumble with his coming.
and
Where he walks, the Earth shall crumble at his feet.
Both of these two lines can be applied to the annexation of half of the world by the CCD in such a short span of time.
"

"Where I draw a blank is with the lines
He will be marked with the slain beast
and
The Great Serpent shall be torn from his flesh
. I believe that they are related to one another, but I don't know how. Is there anything about it that you are willing to share with me? I am not sure how closely you and I are in purpose, but I don't think that we are in opposition. The fact that I am still breathing confirms to me that you haven't decided that I am an enemy as of yet. I am not trying to be rude or disrespectful, but I believe that time is in short supply.

"In closing,
his worm does not die and his fire is unquenched
could refer to his longevity. He is at least sixty years old and yet appears no more than a day over thirty."

Edited by doulou, Nov 6 2013, 03:59 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Armande - 10-27-2013, 08:08 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 11-04-2013, 10:01 AM
[No subject] - by Armande - 11-05-2013, 02:32 PM
[No subject] - by doulou - 11-05-2013, 09:22 PM
[No subject] - by Armande - 11-06-2013, 11:18 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 11-06-2013, 02:38 PM
[No subject] - by Armande - 11-07-2013, 10:37 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 11-11-2013, 12:43 PM
[No subject] - by Armande - 11-12-2013, 11:23 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 11-18-2013, 11:23 PM