This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Who told you that you were naked?
As always the Dream seamed so surreal to John. Teeming with crisp sensations with a backdrop of a 'what if' kind of foreboding. It had been over ten years since his first experience here, at yet he still felt like a child in a laboratory. Well, maybe more like the lab rat.

He still wasn't ready to physically step back into the dream even though it felt so natural and exhilarating. Bear's warning still resonated in John's mind, "You truly know nothing, Bear sent to him. Forcing this place to your will. You come too strongly! Do you understand that a moment's slip on your part will cause the pressure of the ocean to crush you before you could blink?"

And then there was that encounter with the Regus. Why didn't he kill me? John had no doubt that pound for pound Armande could beat the brakes off him. John was no stranger to killing, but he was well aware of when he was overmatched. Unless the Regus was equally aware that it would have been a short-lived victory. A general is sort of useless on foot in the trench.
No, Armande must still believe that even though they left 'agreeing to disagree' that John would somehow further the cause of the Atharim.
"Then you say you have no interest in involvement in political disputes, but are willing to brand the Ascendancy as a monster you would hunt." What an enormously conflicting statement. How disappointing Mr. Smith did not think more clearly what he spewed.

"You condone the elimination of potentially thousands of people, if they conform to your definition of evil, but yet detest genocide. When does war turn into genocide? If the enemy is evil? Or if the enemy is simply your enemy?"

Fucking Armande. He hit the nail on the head. What was my qualification to judge? How do I know whether I am on the right side of this conflict? I even attempted to convince Jensen James to engage supernatural creatures in what may become an apocalyptical struggle. Where is the line between right and wrong drawn? And where do I sit in relation, or should I say where do I sit positionally in relation to that line?

As John's mind wandered, visions floated in and out of the dream, always at his periphery. Visions of the monsters that he had slain, of the Regus, of the Ascendancy. Of God.

When did you judge? Why do you judge? What right have you to judge? Did I not declare My creation to be 'Very Good?' WHO TOLD YOU THAT YOU WERE NAKED?

The voice boomed in his head. It permeated all around him. But how do you answer such a severe line of questioning? With your balls hanging so low that they drag on the ground!

<big>"I said it! I judged your creation! Right or wrong, I ate of the tree! And with the Knowledge of Good and Evil there comes the responsibility to know right from wrong. And with that knowledge comes the burden of judgment. So mutherfucker, I said that I was naked!"
</big>

And reality quivered.

Edited by doulou, Oct 1 2014, 10:17 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by doulou - 10-01-2014, 09:57 PM
[No subject] - by Sierra - 10-02-2014, 07:37 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 10-25-2014, 06:24 PM
[No subject] - by Sierra - 10-27-2014, 07:37 AM
[No subject] - by doulou - 10-28-2014, 03:40 PM
[No subject] - by Sierra - 10-29-2014, 07:45 AM