This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Lost Time
Nox woke to an empty room. His head felt better but his mouth was dry. He tried to sit up and found his wrist still hung from cuffs chained to the rail of his bed. Whatever had happened the last time he was awake hadn't helped.

The moment he stirred there was a lady in white standing beside him. "Mr. Durante, you are looking better. Color in those cheeks instead of ashen."

Nox grinned. "All the better to flirt with then I guess."

The nurse gave him a bright smile and Nox asked, "How long this time?"

She answered quickly. "Another six hours. It's just past noon. Would you like some thing to eat?"

"Yes please, water would be nice too."

"I'll get that ordered for you asap. Anything else I can get you?"

Nox smiled. "My guards, where are they?

"They are getting a coffee. You were asleep and Officer Abt said as long as you were asleep they didn't need to be present 100%"

Nox nodded. But his thoughts were racing. Abt was IA and Atharim. He wanted the guards gone so the Atharim could kill him. The nurse was looking at him with concern. "Something wrong, Mr. Durante?"

Nox shook his head. "My friend is here in the hospital, this is University right? Can you tell me where he is? Sage Parker."
Nox needed to be gone sooner rather than later. He didn't want to sit around and wait for the Atharim to come find him.

The nurse smiled. "Detective Vega informed us of your friend. He is in surgery right now I can check to see how that's going." She said as she left.

Sage was in surgery? Nox thought it was done - over. What was going on? But first he had to get out of here. He didn't know how long he had but he tested the power. It came to him like an unwilling child. More struggle than he remembered having in the recent past, but at least it came. He held it close. He wasn't going to let it go. No, this was his, as long as he held it the Atharim were not going to hurt him. They wouldn't dare attack through the walls of a hospital. Would they?

Edited by Nox, Jan 22 2018, 12:28 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-18-2018, 06:12 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-19-2018, 01:56 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-20-2018, 08:24 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-20-2018, 11:01 AM
[No subject] - by Borovsky - 01-21-2018, 09:25 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-22-2018, 07:25 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-22-2018, 01:53 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-22-2018, 06:41 PM
[No subject] - by Dorian - 01-25-2018, 12:29 PM