This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Lost Time
There was a jolt of recognition in the name he offered. Internal Affairs was about Dorian. There was a cop keeping all the Atharim cops clean. That didn't surprise Nox, but the fact that this man was an Inquisitor made Nox's blood run cold. He couldn't move to get away, it wasn't just the cuffs holding him down, no the drugs made it hard to move. He was sedated, medicated for pain, so higher than a kite. Almost to the point he was seeing things. Maybe this was all just a hallucination...

That was until the burn of the truth serem worked it's way into his veins. Now there was nothing stopping the Inquisitor from learning the whole truth. Fear boiled Nox's veins. He felt the shiver of it running through his body while Officer Abt stood above him watching the IV do it's thing. He wasn't even watching Nox.

Why couldn't he hurt him? What was in store for him. Fuck! The nightmares cloyed at his waking mind. He could see his sister with her guts strewn all over the parking lot as his father cleaned it up. Nox knew that wasn't right. It was the cocktail of drugs playing with him. How quickly things moved.

Abt sat down in the chair and grinned at Nox. "What's your name?"

"Nox Durante."
Even his voice sounded distant. Nox didn't like this at all. He felt trapped in his own body - he needed to escape - wanted to escape but his body failed him.

"Why did you come to Moscow, Mr. Durante?"

That was so long ago. He barely remembered. It was like a memory of a memory. Nox shook his head. "I don't know. To get initiated?"
His voice rose in question. He didn't really remember.

"You didn't come here to assassinate the Regus?"

Nox shook his head and regretted it the moment he did. His eyes felt like they were swimming in a bowl of jello. "Why would I want to kill the arrogant pompous man? He's our leader. He's done nothing to harm me or mine."

"How long have you been working against the Atharim?"

How long? How long? Fuck... how long? Nox shook his head. "Never."
Nox thought long and hard. Never was the only answer. "I knew they'd kill me when they found out. I don't believe we should kill gods for the sake of their godhood. Most of them are just kids. But I've never worked against the Atharim."
The last came out more like a plea for help. A cry of anguish meant to be saved by the very people who would kill him for what he was.

Nox added. "I only defended myself. I was going to take the fall for the Atharim who killed those kids. I was going to help Dorian so he could keep his son safe."

"Why would Dorian need to keep his son safe?"

"Because he's a god."

Officer Abt showed Nox the pictures again. "Why erect these walls?"

"I told you, to keep Dorian's son safe."

"You expected an assault."

Nox laughed. It didn't sound like him. It was manic almost insane. "Wouldn't you? We are Atharim. Our goal is to eradicate threats to humanity. Gods are the ultimate threat. You eliminate us so that humanity can survive."

"But you don't believe that you just said..."

Nox grinned. "I don't kill gods. I don't kill humans who are different. But I live to protect humanity - same as you."

"Is Dorian helping to destroy the Atharim?"

Nox shook his head in a short shake so he didn't jar his eyeballs again. "No, he's protecting humans who are gods. Nothing more. Protecting his son."

Nox's head started to hurt more. The pain was on the edges of things but he could feel it. Nox wanted to ask if they were done, but his lips failed to move and then there was nothing but blackness.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-18-2018, 06:12 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-19-2018, 01:56 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-20-2018, 08:24 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-20-2018, 11:01 AM
[No subject] - by Borovsky - 01-21-2018, 09:25 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-22-2018, 07:25 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-22-2018, 01:53 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 01-22-2018, 06:41 PM
[No subject] - by Dorian - 01-25-2018, 12:29 PM