This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Stranger than fiction
Jon couldn't help but take notice that Mr. Indyk had completely ignored Jon's questions and instead pursued his own line of questioning toward Jensen. Could Jensen have killed the creature? What kind of question was that? The man hadn't been armed when he had been taken into custody; to answer affirmative would be a dead giveaway to abilities the man had no business knowing about.

Jensen wavered under the question, but at least to his credit he didn't give away any additional indication that he could do...well, things. Still, Jon was certain the "medical examiner" wasn't convinced Jensen was nothing more than an errant preacher caught up in a wild tale.

Ă–mer straightened and left the room with little fanfare. Jon turned his attention back to Jensen, who exhaled with vigor as if he'd been wound taught like a rubber band. Not an unexpected reaction. But it was good -- for Jensen's sake -- that he seemed to trust Jon over the other man. For Jon didn't have any purpose at the moment for which he could use the man, and indeed was only here to help him out of the snake pit in which he'd found himself.

"Uh. That was...strange."

Jon removed his spectacles and put them in his shirt pocket. He'd noticed the tension that had wrapped around Jensen at Jon's suggestion the man was delusional. And even though it seems the hunter hadn't bought it, Jon worried Jensen might be even more fragile than he'd seemed.

"Yes, that certainly was strange, Mr. James,"
Jon said to his client. " You aren't delusional. I merely put forth that explanation questioning your memory for that man's benefit -- and I'm pretty sure he didn't buy it."

Jon leaned forward, his eyes locking with Jensen's. "As I should hope you have learned already by now, some things in this world are stranger than fiction."
He could hear the man's heartbeat, strong and rapid, as the power swam through his veins. Jensen would certainly have to learn how to hedge his truths if he were to stay alive for much longer. The truth as told was not a black and white matter. It was a matter of choice -- what the speaker chose to reveal. Otherwise the speaker surrendered control to the listener.

Jensen needed to understand that lesson. Perhaps the knowledge he'd just spoken to a potential threat would drive that home. "There are reasons I asked you not to speak of your ability. That man--"
Jon cocked his head toward the closed door Mr. Indyk had taken -- "He is a hunter. Both of the things such as the creature you encountered...and of people like you and me. I did not figure it out until just before he left -- but I am certain of it as I am the sun will rise tomorrow."

Jon took a breath. "I can help you, I can represent you -- but I cannot be there for you around the clock. You must understand that what you tell others can have extraordinary consequences."

Jon settled back. The bailiff should be here shortly to let Jensen out. Hopefully there wouldn't be a gang of silent assassins waiting for him when he walked out of the precinct.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 11-24-2013, 04:26 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 11-27-2013, 09:08 PM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 11-28-2013, 01:22 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 11-29-2013, 03:06 PM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 11-29-2013, 04:18 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 11-30-2013, 08:15 AM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 11-30-2013, 04:03 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 12-01-2013, 10:38 AM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 12-02-2013, 04:07 PM
[No subject] - by Jensen James - 12-02-2013, 09:39 PM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 12-03-2013, 02:28 AM