This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Chasing Phantoms
The thoughts in Jon's mind tried to spin nearly out of control as he tried to grasp ahold and define the incomprehensible, so he had might as well give up trying. She was the same person, definitely, but at the same time not. The other me, she'd just said. Perhaps it had been the situation on the train that had been responsible for her...waking self's...timidness...no, that wasn't right. Walled off from the world? Maybe? But what was she? Perched up on the desk all a sudden, light in her eyes as she regarded him, a wide smile that touched her cheekbones and that cute way her knees poked out amidst those expansive locks. More importantly, what game was she playing? What could Jon be to her?

Jon, you're doing it again.
It must just be the irritation -- okay, the hurt -- from her not recognizing him in the waking world. She remembered him here, that was nice. He'd missed her since their first encounter. Tricksy?
Well, he certainly did have his devices and maneuvers, but he wasn't aware it was so obvious to a casual observer. He'd have to watch that.

"It's not a bad thing that I found you in the waking world,"
he said, quickly, in answer to her apparent concern. She couldn't possibly do anything bad just by being found. "I guess I'd hoped you would remember me when you woke up."
It'd certainly have made the train situation a lot less stressful. And probably a lot easier to ask after her company for coffee, maybe. Where'd that thought come from?

Jon took another breath. His cheeks felt warm and probably had flushed a darker tone of red than was normal. Maybe you should just answer her questions, Jon.
Nimeda did know him, it seemed, and with it was that echoing sense of familiarity he sensed the first time he saw her. Bear's warning aside, it felt safe enough to let down his guard. And maybe it wouldn't hurt to impress her a bit with his cleverness.

"The Spirit World gives me access to places I can't normally go, and reflects secrets that are normally left to its keepers."
Jon said to her. It couldn't hurt for her to know Jon's little spy gimmick, she was utterly unable to make use of it. He picked up a random piece of paper and showed it to her without glancing at it. I can't take anything physical between the worlds --"
at least, he didn't know of any way to do so, maybe there was -- "But I can take secrets back with me."

At least, he could once he was able to wake. A knot of fear pulsed in his stomach. "I don't know why you're sleeping. I hope you're all right. I think you are. Bear can probably find out if you want to. There was a panic on the train -- we didn't have anything to do with causing it -- and I tried to stop it. I think I did. I wanted to protect you. But I passed out. So now I'm in a hospital bed."

Between those eyes and the knot in his belly, Jon found himself just wanting to keep talking. Maybe it'd make it go away?

"Nimeda, I'm worried for your well being for another reason. You did something on the train. It's a power that... I don't know if you know what you're capable of doing. As long as you know how to control it, it can't hurt you, but if you don't..."

The image of that young face, frozen lips and glazed eyes, as blonde hair spilled across the cold metal floor flashed in Jon's mind, and his tongue froze in his mouth as his heart skipped a beat.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 05-31-2014, 07:38 PM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 06-04-2014, 09:09 AM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 06-08-2014, 05:09 PM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 06-12-2014, 04:49 AM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 06-17-2014, 10:14 PM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 06-19-2014, 11:40 AM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 08-10-2016, 01:23 AM
[No subject] - by Jon Little Bird - 08-10-2016, 02:09 AM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 08-10-2016, 04:36 AM