This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Mara
The doctor introduced herself and Daiyu responded promptly.

"My name is Mara."

The Guardian? Her fingers trailed her forearm. Though covered by the sleeve of her sweatshirt, she could feel the edge of a Second Skin bandage beneath. The biofilm contained stem cells and other epithelial growth factors meant to quickly cover the cuts beneath without the need for stitches or staples. The bump of a scab where the i.v. had been in her arm was closer to her elbow.

"I miss writing my stories. I have so many. Every day I find more. But if I don't write them down in the morning, they are gone until the next. But I can't write right now. I'm so tired."

For weeks, months, she'd been saying as much. Nobody believed her. But she was used to mistrust. She'd taken the little tablets her whole life.

She didn't really study Aylin's face. She barely looked at the doctor. Instead, her eyes roamed the floor, the corners, and peered into the shadows-few as there were in the sunny room. Her eyes squinted to slits again as a dull ache built in her skull.

Another patient strolled along the path outside. A blonde haired woman that Daiyu recognized from the dining room. The woman rubbed her eyes. She also had a bad night of sleep - one plagued by nightmares she couldn't shake even in the light of day.

[Image: aa8UcY-u1]
"Come, mistress"

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Daiyu - 08-12-2016, 09:42 PM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 08-13-2016, 04:30 PM
[No subject] - by Daiyu - 08-13-2016, 05:54 PM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 08-14-2016, 08:18 AM
[No subject] - by Daiyu - 08-14-2016, 10:45 AM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 08-17-2016, 02:21 PM
[No subject] - by Daiyu - 08-17-2016, 05:26 PM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 08-19-2016, 05:45 AM