This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Mara
"My name is Mara. My name is Mara."
A voice tilted thick with foreign accent muttered to the darkness of her room. The light from the hallway leaked around the edges of the door, framing a ghostly rectangle. "My name is Mara."

Something stirred in the shadows, and Mara, or Daiyu as they told her, pat the narrow strip of mattress alongside her hip. A small bounce and she curled up on her side to make room. The creature was soft as fur and warm as a sun kissed rock. She draped an arm across it and let her head relax on her pillow.

Sleep took her into the land of dreams, carried there by her faithful pet.

----

A nurse woke her in the morning. She had to be shook awake, like always. For months her doctor thought her deep sleep was the result of some side effect, but changing drugs and brain scans found no such evidence. Daiyu simply slept hard.

"Your medication this morning miss Daiyu." She left a cup next to a plastic water bottle. Everything was plastic in this place. Nothing dangerous. Nothing she could harm herself with.

"My name is Mara."
She told the nurse as she deposited the tablet on her tongue.

"I'll see you later, Daiyu. Walks this morning. And your doctor appointment is after." The nurse left.

Daiyu-Mara slipped from bed, toes curling on the cold floor, to retrieve a sweatshirt and dress herself. She rubbed her eyes as she did.

[Image: aa8UcY-u1]
"Come, mistress"

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Daiyu - 08-12-2016, 09:42 PM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 08-13-2016, 04:30 PM
[No subject] - by Daiyu - 08-13-2016, 05:54 PM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 08-14-2016, 08:18 AM
[No subject] - by Daiyu - 08-14-2016, 10:45 AM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 08-17-2016, 02:21 PM
[No subject] - by Daiyu - 08-17-2016, 05:26 PM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 08-19-2016, 05:45 AM