This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A Window to the Past
Once he had said it, he thought it sounded silly. Waxing philosophic with a total stranger? He really must be on edge. But it didn't seem to bother her, in fact, she seemed to understand.

"Uh huh. I studied history at MSU, for a while anyway. The academia didn’t agree with me, but I’ve always loved this stuff."

He accent was vaguely reminiscent of his parents'. Was she from England? He supposed it didn't really matter. Of all people, he knew that strange circumstances saw people travel around the world, and it seemed evident enough why she was here in Moscow.

"Greek?"

It took him a moment to realise she was talking about the book he held.

"Yes. I have always been drawn to Greek and Roman mythology. I never got the chance to study it,"
- he repressed a grimace at the memory of his life at the academy - "but it has always been a passion of mine."

He paused, not sure why he was talking to the woman, but it felt good to talk about something he loved with someone else. "I'm not sure why, though. It is as if I am remembering a peaceful childhood after years of war."

He felt foolish, the words sounded needlessly grandiose, but he was unsure how to explain it, if he could at all.

He decided to change the subject."Are you looking for anything in particular?"

Edited by Michael Vellas, Jul 30 2013, 03:48 PM.
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-25-2013, 10:29 PM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 07-29-2013, 06:12 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-29-2013, 09:26 PM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 07-30-2013, 08:02 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-30-2013, 08:43 AM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 07-30-2013, 03:27 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-30-2013, 09:48 PM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 07-31-2013, 05:06 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 08-01-2013, 05:16 AM
[No subject] - by Thalia - 08-03-2013, 07:11 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 08-03-2013, 08:49 AM