This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A Lesson
"Mr. Marx", the Regus said without turning around from the book shelf he was looking at. "I expected you sooner. I see you have learned some patience as you aged."

The Regus turned and looked at the man and the open door.

"Come in Ms. Piccolo," the Regus called to the Open Door, "Your lesson might as well start now with this."

The Regus turned and surveyed the man who had unceremoniously burst in on him. Rough clad and uncouth. The Regus had problems with American Atharim. They were becoming their own breed it seems. Too much "American", with little respect for their Atharim legacy.

This was becoming a problem with his whole society. How far did the fester grow, and how to remove it without setting skilled Atharim loose with no direction, or killing off what was starting to seem like half of his dedicated members. This was no easy task. The Regus was perplexed. And angry. And this brash man, who Armande had had a disliking for since first hearing about his work. Not that he wasnt effective. He was, perhaps one of the best Hunters on either side of the Atlantic. But his purpose was his own. And *THAT* is what bothered The Regus.

"Mr. Marx," The Regus said in cold tones,"quite frankly, you have been summoned here because of your skill and your reputation as a Hunter. However, my reticence has been reinforced by your little display here. Who do you think you are? That you can come in here, to my home. Disrupt our procedures, threaten our security, and barge in like a common brigand. You. Are. Atharim." The Regus said as the back of his hand fell hard across Seth's temple in a flash.

"I knew you would do something like this. With no patience and selfish focus on hunting for hunting's sake. Do you think I do not know your disdain for THIS part of the Atharim? Do you think I do not know that you have sized us up and determined us wanting, in your eyes? That child you judged as "too slow" and "disappointing". There were two full Atharim tailing you from behind. That child is not our security. I have cameras and guards all around here. You were not, for even one second, a threat to me or this headquarters.

"You have some thinking to do Mr. Marx. You can learn some patience and respect. Or you can choose to run and die. You will not be the first to choose the latter. But it is your choice. I have nothing left to say until you decide. Sit there." The Regus pointed to a leather armchair opposite the doorway where Aria stood.

"Perhaps you can learn through observation as you decide.
Ms. Piccolo, please," The Regus motioned her to come to him.
"I'm sorry for your wait. I understand Father Dmitri has sent you with something. May I have it?"

Aria pulled out the leather case Father Dmitri had given her.

The Regus carefully unwrapped the strings and pulled out the vellum. Then in a flash he had a sharp thin knife in his hand, and he sliced open the leather case itself. Sandwiched between the leather sides, The Regus pulled out a small, thin metal case. It was so thin, it was masking as just an enforced side of the larger leather attaché.

The Regus entered the combination lock on the bottom edge and the case sprung open.

"Pay attention, Ms. Piccolo; Mr. Marx. You are both about to learn what kind of Atharim are you. Are you hunting around like base masturbation to fulfill your own desires? Or are you part of a greater purpose?"

The Regus pulled out the small pieces of ancient looking paper.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Armande - 08-04-2013, 06:51 PM
[No subject] - by Armande - 08-31-2013, 12:38 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 09-03-2013, 10:50 AM
[No subject] - by Seth Marx - 09-06-2013, 04:30 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 09-06-2013, 05:55 PM
[No subject] - by Seth Marx - 09-08-2013, 02:14 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 09-09-2013, 06:59 PM
[No subject] - by Armande - 09-14-2013, 07:04 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 09-14-2013, 08:29 AM
[No subject] - by Seth Marx - 09-14-2013, 06:10 PM
[No subject] - by Armande - 09-22-2013, 02:02 PM