This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A Lesson
The ten hour flight had been less than comfortable. Business class--hunting the things that go bump in the night was a thankless job. Still, he was able to get some shut-eye. He didn’t like being around people, not those people. They lived their dull little lives, scurrying around without even the slightest clue what was actually out there. What’d kill’em without a thought if it weren’t for us.
It really was a thankless job.

He didn’t like cities either. In the U.S. he stalked the woods for his prey--it really wasn’t much different from any other kind of hunting. When you got down to it, a rougarou or oni wasn’t much more dangerous than a pissed off bear, and only a little smarter. He didn’t have to worry about cameras, some bluetooth wearing superhero calling the cops back there. Here, one of those two things were a much bigger danger than any monster.

Still, the flight over had been uneventful. The trip through the terminal, too. Atharim Hunters rarely had anything on record. The ones that were dumb enough to get caught didn’t live long enough for it to matter.. Neither do the unlucky ones.
He hadn’t even gotten a passport until he found out he was coming to Moscow. Too busy hunting to travel for pleasure, and the other countries had their own Hunters.

So why’d they need to take me?
It really was odd. It would have been unheard of if they hadn’t taken Rune a few months earlier. He didn’t really mind letting her go, he could tell she needed to get away from the nest. At least, that was what he told himself. You don’t raise someone for twenty two years without a little separation anxiety. He’d kill the first person to call him out on it, though.

Back in the U.S. he roamed around, found a Catholic church with the correct markings and took assignments. But these European fucks have to make things all complicated’n organized...
He sighed. He hoped they had his weapons already. Probably not.

At least he was done with airports. It took a couple minutes to find a cab, but soon he was on his way to headquarters. How many Hunters they got here anyways?
There were no “headquarters” in America. Still, when he got to the Baccarat Mansion he was impressed. At least it ain’t another goddamn church.

Father Woods had given him instructions on how to enter, and sure enough he found the code-locked door hidden behind a dumpster in the alley on the side of the building. A simple four digit code and he was in. 6-1-6-8. Woods told him to find Father Stone, and then wait to meet the Regus in the grand library. Ta hell with that, the old bastard made me drop everything to come here. He ain’t makin’ me wait like his own personal bitch.

When he got inside, a Hunter who must have drawn the short straw to be stuck on guard duty almost jumped out of his skin. Once Seth flashed his tattoo the Hunter calmed down. Kid was too slow--if Seth had been a threat the headquarters would’ve had no warning. Disappointing.

The headquarters wasn’t a complicated area, and it wasn’t immaculate either. Finding the staircase was a simple matter, and the grand library wasn’t exactly hidden. He had no idea how “grand” the library was, but it was bigger than he expected. And deserted, except for a girl standing in front of a door. He happened to catch sight of the inside of her left arm. Atharim. This’s what we’re becoming? Five foot frame ‘n daddy issues.
He caught himself before he started the “in my day” speech. Still, she must have heard him snort, because she looked up.

He grinned. “Hey there sweetheart, this where the Regus stays?”

((Ayyo Regus, drop me a PM and tell me what to expect when I bust into the room. I ain't waiting like Aria is.))
Edited by Seth Marx, Sep 8 2013, 02:15 AM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Armande - 08-04-2013, 06:51 PM
[No subject] - by Armande - 08-31-2013, 12:38 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 09-03-2013, 10:50 AM
[No subject] - by Seth Marx - 09-06-2013, 04:30 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 09-06-2013, 05:55 PM
[No subject] - by Seth Marx - 09-08-2013, 02:14 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 09-09-2013, 06:59 PM
[No subject] - by Armande - 09-14-2013, 07:04 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 09-14-2013, 08:29 AM
[No subject] - by Seth Marx - 09-14-2013, 06:10 PM
[No subject] - by Armande - 09-22-2013, 02:02 PM