This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Object of My Fear
Martin gave a curt laugh. "I doubt that's all it's about."
She many be a monster, but as human females went she was attractive. And for a boy of 21 he was most certain that was not all it was about.

She had yielded nothing of note in her telling of their tale, except that they had both found themselves lost in a world with amnesia. How convenient.

It was time now to boil everything down report after report. He removed the pictures from the top of her folder and to her first hunt. He smiled. "Tell me about this one."

It had taken them several very unending days go through her files with every bit as much detail as Martin wanted. He had made notes, he thought he understood the girl who was a monster in wolf's clothing. He pressed his fingers to the bridge of his nose. She never showed any emotions, even late at night she was empty of everything but the task at hand.

Never once did she look at her phone, he could hear the vibrate mode go off periodically, her friends were worried. He caught her when he'd let her take a break texting or calling someone. But it wasn't often and she seemed even less concerned when she returned.

Martin was tired. She had to be too what little he could read of her. But there was still a lot to discuss. Today would be different. He'd brought food in to his office, rather he had some get take out, Italian from a local restaurant, around the corner. It was a good place, he enjoyed it. It was her native cuisine, but it wasn't why he'd opted for it. He wanted truthful answers. He didn't want the lies and stories she spun out of habit. He wanted to know her plan.

She came back in and stood and stared at shock at the layout of food. She sat down in the chair. Martin had to laugh, ever the skeptic. "Eat. I know a change of situation. But I'm satisfied you are Atharim. We discuss your future now."
He waved in the direction of the food. She only took the bread but she did eat something in front of him. That said something.

"Tell me of your plans to kill Ascendancy."
It was the true purpose behind everything he'd just put her through, and what he too had to endure. It had a goal in mind.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aria - 01-30-2015, 08:59 AM
[No subject] - by Borovsky - 01-30-2015, 02:59 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 02-02-2015, 09:00 AM
[No subject] - by Borovsky - 02-02-2015, 01:25 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 02-03-2015, 08:52 AM
[No subject] - by Borovsky - 02-03-2015, 10:37 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 02-04-2015, 12:14 PM
[No subject] - by Borovsky - 02-04-2015, 02:13 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 02-05-2015, 10:19 AM
[No subject] - by Borovsky - 02-05-2015, 04:31 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 02-06-2015, 09:27 AM