This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Time to Breathe
Jacinda laughed herself. She nodded. "Yeah. In here. I believe that."
She paused, not sure when she had become Regus' defender. Well, she wasn't. But it's not like there weren't wierd things in the world. They knew that better than anyone. And that meant strange places for information.

"Still, I think people like Regus look to old writings and prophecies for clues. What might happen. How to defeat Apollyon. I've met Regus. He's....well, he wasn't a stupid man. Distant. Not approachable. No one you or I would have a drink with. But driven....that kind of thing is contagious.
Very much so."

She stopped, didn't say more. She knew about that. Being sucked into another soul. 25 years. 25 fucking years. Has it really been that long? It felt like yesterday. The fear. No, call it what it fucking was. The absolute terror. The hurt. Absently she glanced at her right hand. The deep scar just under her palm was still there. Occassionally, she noticed lately, she felt twinges when the weather changed.

And she remembered Regan's face, the last time he saw her. And the last time she saw him. She still loved him. Part of her always would. He had made her. But sometimes she hated him, not even really sure why.

She took another drink and drained the rest of the tequila.

No other person had ever consumed her before or after. Owned her to her core, so completely. And even free and on her own, militantly and fiercly independent, she knew deep down that if she had the chance, just one chance to hear him call her 'sweetie' or 'my girl,' just one more time, and mean it.....well she would do almost anything to have it. Even now. Even after all these years. God help her, she would.

Regus might have, if she'd gotten to know him. Maybe.

And that was that, she thought, stifling the other emotions that threatened to come up, that always followed when she thought of him The darker, angry ones she preferred to keep down, the rage, the anger, the betrayal. The only way she wouldn't ever break. Hide it. A dangerous road. Everything was falling apart, reopening old wounds for her.

She held her empty mug. "You want to know if it worries me he's gone? Fuck yes. We are scattered in a hundred little cells all around the world. Up till now, we have had the freedom to hunt what we wanted, to keep the worst at bay. But Apollyon....he and his followers are different. Times have changed. These 'men', since you don't want to call them gods, are intent on ruling. And they have the power, unlike any others in history. In the CCD there is Brandon and his generals. And don't think he doesn't have more you don't know about. In the United States, the Secretary of Powers- they call it that!- is one. And at least one senator willing to admit it."

The tequila made her warm and fuzzy. Or maybe it was everything. "Not an accident. Tenzin. They are moving into power. You're from the Himalayas. You know what China did to Tibet. Other places. Don't tell me you can't see a danger in China adding them to their army. Worse, a Chinese general or member of the ruling class BEING one. All over the world a shift is going on."

She sat back, barely feeling the pain or anything really. "And WE, the one people who know and have protected mankind for millenia, are fragmented across the world. Fuck yes I miss Regus for all that he was a huge colossal dick. Because he could have united all of us. One people. Given us a vision. Given us a coherent strategy. When you are outnumbered, strategy, planning and unity evens the odds. We needed to be one. And now...."
She dropped her hand. Nothing.

She looked at her mug, then moved to put it on the table. She missed and it dropped to the ground, shattering. She laughed and tried to get up to clean it up, but had a tough time.

She was so very tired. Physically. Emotionally. She'd lost a lot of blood probably. And the three shots. She stood and suddenly felt light headed, then dizzy.

She barely noticed as she pitched forward, felt her head hit the corner of the table.

All went black.

Edited by Jacinda, Jan 18 2018, 09:56 AM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Jacinda - 01-11-2018, 11:54 AM
[No subject] - by Tenzin - 01-11-2018, 02:27 PM
[No subject] - by Jacinda - 01-12-2018, 10:53 AM
[No subject] - by Tenzin - 01-12-2018, 03:37 PM
[No subject] - by Jacinda - 01-12-2018, 10:14 PM
[No subject] - by Tenzin - 01-14-2018, 04:22 PM
[No subject] - by Jacinda - 01-15-2018, 08:01 PM
[No subject] - by Tenzin - 01-17-2018, 03:04 PM
[No subject] - by Jacinda - 01-17-2018, 08:13 PM
[No subject] - by Tenzin - 01-18-2018, 07:53 AM
[No subject] - by Jacinda - 01-18-2018, 11:56 AM