This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Arriving in Moscow
It wasn't easy to completely ignore the badge, but Aeva was aware that lesser crimes were often ignored in the pursuit of greater ones. "Yes - I'd heard those rumours," she replied. In truth, some of the community had told her something of it, but their ability to talk to each other simply wasn't up to much detail. Aeva supposed that starvation had driven the first cannibals to such action, and then it had started to be easier than trying to buy, beg, scavenge or hunt food. And finally, it was simply habit.

Then she sighed. "To be honest, there's all sorts that goes on down here - I'm pretty sure there's a black market in organs as well," Aeva said. "I've nothing official to go on... no contacts or anything. And, as you said; most of us are illegal immigrants - we're not just ignored, we're deliberately ignored. I don't think anybody realises the extent of the Underground city and if any authority were forced to acknowledge us, we'd be far too big a problem to deal with."

Aeva frowned - the man seemed trustworthy, but there was never any telling. On the other hand, she was going to have to take risks sometime. "Let's be honest; the only reason nobody has caved us in is because there's too big a legitimate population, and too important a city right on top of us. But with the constant danger down here, I'm afraid you'll find that anybody who knows about the death of these two cannibals... they'll be cheering the murderers. We have a share of vigilantes down here, as well, and I've been careful *not* to know who they may be. I'm sorry I can't be more help to you... we don't usually get treated so gently." She managed to smile again.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aeva - 07-30-2013, 03:57 PM
[No subject] - by Aeva - 08-07-2013, 02:53 PM
[No subject] - by Aeva - 08-21-2013, 11:23 AM
[No subject] - by Aeva - 09-04-2013, 11:47 AM
[No subject] - by Drayson - 09-05-2013, 09:56 PM
[No subject] - by Aeva - 09-10-2013, 11:19 AM
[No subject] - by Drayson - 09-15-2013, 11:07 PM
[No subject] - by Aeva - 09-24-2013, 02:16 PM
[No subject] - by Drayson - 09-27-2013, 09:12 PM
[No subject] - by Aeva - 10-02-2013, 11:19 AM
[No subject] - by Drayson - 10-06-2013, 08:31 PM