This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Now that's a fish story
Elias liked Synjyn. He wasn't full of b.s. like every other a-hole he'd met in town. With the exception of Tony, maybe. And one or two of 'his guys'. In the end, he really didn't have enough motivation to assign the term to any one particular person. Nobody was really worth his time. Except Asha. She was different. Everyone else could waltz into hell and set up camp in the seventh circle for all he cared. Let em.

Synjyn wasn't full of it. He was straight forward. In five minutes of talking he knew the old captain had more balls than Tony, Damien, Nox and Connor together. Course that wasn't saying much. Tehya probably had bigger balls than Nox, and Tehya was a girl.

He glanced at Asha when Synjyn mentioned Manix. It was Manix that told him to go talk to Synjyn. Elias rolled his eyes. Memories of tracking dead ends between the New Zealand government and Victoria University administration were brought to mind. After the research vessel carrying his uncle disappeared, nobody could give him an answer about the investigation. Turned out, there was no investigation.

He followed the captain back through the training rooms, curiously watching what the mariners were doing as they passed. He vaguely itched to join in. To give them something to really train for, and someone for him to practice his skills against. He was too isolated from Tony's guys to get involved in their practice. And going against another Rage-wielder was different than fighting actual soldiers.

They were introduced to another old guy, Chief. Elias offered to shake hands like a good little mormon boy, but his knobby grip was tough, his lanky fingers wrapping around Chief's like tentacles.

The waiting on Manix also conjured memories of the time he waited four hours for the Dean of Victoria University to finally get the balls to face him in person. The endless emails and rescheduling had infuriated him to the point of kicking in the door with flows of Rage and demanding the Dean explain himself. He left that building through a huge hole in the wall and sea spray misting the floor like tide pounding on the rocks.

When the great captain Manix finally showed himself, Elias stood and looked him up and down like he was studying an adversary. Though he had no reason to consider Manix as such. It was just a feeling. Manix was about fifty pounds heavier than him, he guessed. The irish accent was thick and difficult to understand, but the man moved like he was raised on the water. Elias hated him for that. The dry, cakey mountains of Utah felt forever clogged in his throat in comparison, like it was going to slowly choke him to death until the end of his days. There was also a sort of kinship there, and as much as Elias hated to admit it, a modicum of respect. He'd never tell Manix that, though. Knowing what he did about Asha, he suppressed the feeling as soon as it bubbled to the surface.

"Captain. I'm Elias Donovan. I just finished telling your fellow captain there, Synjyn, that I believe his story about the beast in the sea. Me, someone else like me, and Asha want to kill it. I think we can do it together. But we need ships to get to it. And battle hardened marines once we find it."
He kicked his head in a nod toward Asha when he mentioned her name. Just to prove his point, he summoned flows of Rage into his mind, weaving a pale blue light just in front of him, an eery smile etching his face. "My friend is like me."
Two of the users of Rage against the beast should do it if they had the Lir marines behind him. Of course, he didn't mention that Damien was a giant douche.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Elias Donovan - 10-02-2016, 07:45 PM
[No subject] - by Manix - 10-02-2016, 07:59 PM
[No subject] - by Elias Donovan - 10-03-2016, 02:51 PM
[No subject] - by Elias Donovan - 10-03-2016, 02:52 PM
[No subject] - by Manix - 10-03-2016, 03:14 PM
[No subject] - by Elias Donovan - 10-03-2016, 05:34 PM
[No subject] - by SynJyn - 10-03-2016, 07:00 PM
[No subject] - by Elias Donovan - 10-04-2016, 08:24 AM
[No subject] - by Manix - 10-04-2016, 11:45 AM
[No subject] - by Elias Donovan - 10-05-2016, 11:20 AM
[No subject] - by Manix - 10-05-2016, 11:59 AM