This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The River Styx
She sat down with him, sinking into a puddle of black. She was searching his face while he messed with the object in his hands. Only after she saw the intensity of his concentration fixed upon it did her eyes sink. It was a curiosity, leathery and soft. It drew her fingers to graze the surface, where she found it pliable. It was all marked up, strange drawings and symbols that she didn't understand. The ignorance furrowed her brow deep with frustration, a spell that was only broken when Regus probed into her powaer.

"I see as the Eye before me saw, and the Eye before her. All the way back to Rasputin. His Eye saw much."
She blinked, eyes dry, pinched. How did she see the things in her mind? Not even Illarion knew the extent of her visions. There was a time that she doubted they were real at all, but perhaps a figment of her imagination. Sometimes it was hard to decide when the vision ended and imagination began. Proof of her sanity sat before her though. Regus was as she saw him her whole life, the flesh and blood proof.

"I see much. I see the Above, a place that some of the Khylsty do not believe exists. I see you taking us there. I see death, far and wide. I see..."
she struggled for the right word. Fighting? Death? A smile slowly wormed across her lips.

"War. I see war."

She shoved to her feet and padded away, rivulets of lace and shredded hem cascading behind her. When she returned, she offered Regus a bowl. It was filled with a thick, tar-like oil, of a sickly green-brown hue.

"This is the way,"
she spoke softly and carefully let him examine the oil. "It is added to the fires of Radenyi. Only then."
Her smile returned, secretive this time. The fires and ritual did help, they cast her visions far and bright, sending her into long trances that required much sleep afterward. But she knew the truth.

"It comes from the Pits."
She offered, finally, in case he wanted to know the origin of the oil. "Its very precious. Radenyi is sacred. The oil is costly. Would you like to see the Pits?"
She felt Illarion circle nearby, following her every move, but he held his tongue. Good he did, for she would hate to have it severed. She did enjoy the sound of his voice.

The Eye of the Khylsty

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Armande - 01-11-2017, 04:02 PM
[No subject] - by Valeriya - 01-16-2017, 09:23 PM
[No subject] - by Armande - 01-24-2017, 03:17 PM
[No subject] - by Valeriya - 03-16-2017, 10:25 PM
[No subject] - by Armande - 03-23-2017, 10:47 AM
[No subject] - by Valeriya - 04-06-2017, 10:06 PM
[No subject] - by Armande - 04-10-2017, 12:59 PM
[No subject] - by Valeriya - 04-26-2017, 04:25 PM
[No subject] - by Armande - 05-25-2017, 12:22 PM
[No subject] - by Valeriya - 08-18-2017, 11:08 AM