This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Alliances?
Aria knew asking him to release the power again was fruitless, the last time he'd complied his anger had overwhelmed her, perhaps it was for the best she didn't know what he was feeling. But it was such a convenient way to discern things. It was almost disorienting not having the emotions of the other person slamming into her.

"I gain from an alliance, the Atharim, probably wouldn't like it anymore than you do. And since I don't speak for more than myself and maybe a handful, I'm fairly certain any alliance I make will certain fail if the Regus can't be convinced there is something to his benefit - even if it's feigned."
Aria smiled darkly. She knew the Regus would kill her in the end. If Ascendancy did not, then he surely would. There was not doubt in her mind that whatever came of this, her life was forfeit. The world would probably be a better place too...

"They didn't infiltrate because they were gods, if that's what you think. Most Atharim are born into the society. We live breathe Atharim from the moments we are born. Their fates were to be reborn gods, much as mine was to be Sentient. It's either hide what you are, or die. You pray your family understands and doesn't turn you in."
Aria knew all to well the dangers of being a monster of Atharim lore, even if she hadn't know what she was before, she'd always felt that she lived by the good graces of Father Dimitri and those who handled her. But it didn't matter now, she lived only by the good graces of the Regus now, and he sent her on a suicide mission, great man that!

"Right now, I can't offer anything more than promise. Which I know doesn't do you any more good than it does me."
Aria grabbed the folded paper she'd placed in her pocket before leaving the Atharim headquarters. It was an entry she had wished to show Tehya, but for now she'd leave it in Michael's hands. She unfolded the paper and held it out for him to take. "I've come across a book that ran in my family for generations. It's a translation of a translation of a translation, and so on back from the time of the end of the sixth age. A time when the Atharim eradicated the gods. In it thee is mention of a device, on that allowed one god to control another god. It was used as a weapon by the Atharim. This is that entry."

Aria let Michael look over the paper. It didn't say what it was, how to use it, just mentioned it. "It is my proposal to mimic the concept. A visible guarantee that this reborn god is on the side of the Atharim."
Aria shook her head. "I do not propose an actual control mechanism. Just a device that looks like it's doing something. I would need a few volunteers who would obey the commands of the Atharim handler, no matter what. Of their own free will. They'd have to rely on the handler's judgement, a complete agreement of trust."

"In return, the devices keep the Atharim from hunting those who wear one. I don't care if they work for you, the Atharim or do nothing at all. So long as they don't hurt anyone, the Atharim can back off, because they think they are theirs."

Aria sighed. "There is no guarantee that the Regus will buy into it. The device is not found, made whatever you want to call it. I only can offer promises."

The more she talked the more she knew this was probably a very bad idea. There was no proof, no agreement. It was all talk.
Edited by Aria, Jul 18 2014, 08:50 AM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aria - 07-16-2014, 10:13 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-17-2014, 12:50 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 07-17-2014, 07:36 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-17-2014, 08:38 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 07-17-2014, 09:06 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-17-2014, 09:54 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 07-17-2014, 11:54 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-17-2014, 07:35 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 07-18-2014, 08:49 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-18-2014, 09:31 AM