This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Fragments
Ivan watched the man warily, who, in turn, sat back on his heels, watching him. After a moment the man said, "I felt the moment you came close. And I could have stopped you then. I didn't."
Ivan understood the man's comment. He didn't completely trust the man, but it was a point in his favor. If he had been the killer he would no doubt have been ready to lash out at him. Then again, it's not like being a killer required intelligence or that you were rational. People did all kinds of crazy contradictory things. And yet...still Ivan suspected him less then he had a moment ago. Not enough to drop his guard, no. Just enough, though.

Truth was they had no real evidence. Standing over a dying girl was circumstantial at best, especially if, as he said, he had no weapon on him. Course he knew that meant jack-shit with the power. Easy enough thing to fashion air into a knife and then dissolve it.

And then there was the girl's chest that kept drawing their eyes. Not that way, of course. It wasn't his MO to check out a dying girl. He liked them alive with plenty of energy. Much more fun that way. But there was something there. He didn't take his hands away from the girl but he did look closely at her to see where the draw was coming from. He saw a ring on a necklace. It seemed to...not glow. But something. There was a...something. Dumb, but he just couldn't think of a word to describe it.

He looked at the man again. There was a definite hunger in the his eyes. The ring could be motive. Means, motive, opportunity. The big three. The guy had all of that. It might not be such a hard case after all. Well, except for a provable weapon. Then again, from the man's clothing, he wasn't a bum either. Probably had lawyers and such. Well, that wasn't his purview anyway. He was a detective not a prosecutor.

The sounds of sirens and doors sliding open, the crunch of boots behind him let him know the ambulance had arrived. The medic came up behind him and took over, putting his bag down and taking care of the girl. Ivan stood up and wiped his hands on the disinfectant towel he was given. Blood was a carrier for all kinds of things.

He looked at the now standing man. He still held the power and his fist was clenched. The situation was still volatile. "Alright. Sir, I'm going to need you to come with me. I have some questions to ask you down at the station. I'm not arresting you for now but it would be in your best interests to make this as easy as possible."
He was ready in case the man tried anything. He wasn't gonna let this guy go even if he did turn out to be innocent. You don't let a guy who's found with a dying girl go just because he says he's innocent. Or because he had the power. Especially not the way that ring had called to him, to both of them. He lowered his voice so only the man could hear. "You and I know that there is more going on here than just a dead girl. Let's not let this get ugly. I promise you I'm a fair guy."

He gestured for the man to come to his car, making sure he walked slightly behind the man.

[[modded with permission]]

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Sören - 09-11-2014, 02:15 PM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 09-11-2014, 02:56 PM
[No subject] - by Sören - 09-13-2014, 11:59 AM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 09-13-2014, 12:30 PM
[No subject] - by Sören - 09-14-2014, 03:11 PM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 09-14-2014, 05:09 PM
[No subject] - by Sören - 09-16-2014, 04:38 PM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 09-16-2014, 05:21 PM
[No subject] - by Sören - 09-18-2014, 03:28 PM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 09-18-2014, 03:47 PM