This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

For Protection Only
Emily took a cab back to her hotel. She showered and changed, choosing a pair of dark blue jeans, a black t-shirt, and a U of I sweater. She tied her hair back in a ponytail and then got a cab to the address that Ayden had indicated.

Ayden was waiting for her and they both went inside. The gentlemen behind the counter looked friendly enough. He was a big guy, but there was a smile in his eyes. Emily and Ayden both laughed as he tried to impress them. Emily didn't have the luxury of having a ring on her finger to show she was taken, and even though the guy was cute enough, she wasn't here to drool.

Ayden spoke first since she knew what she was talking about, but her conversation was brief; I know what I want, my friend here doesn't. The man behind the counter turned towards her and smiled. "What is it you're looking for?"

Emily shifted nervously a bit and blushed slightly. "Ummm...I don't really know. I've never had a gun before and never used one either."

The man smiled at her and nodded knowingly. "That's fine. Let's see if I can help you out there."
At least he didn't make her feel stupid. "Are you looking for a gun for sport or self-defense?"

"Self defense."

He nodded. "Home or concealed carry?"

"Concealed carry."
After all she wanted this for when she was on the street.

"In suppose you want something American made?"
The twinkle in his eye said he was teasing.

"Of course."
She teased back, but thought that American would probably be better given tensions between the US and CCD. All she needed was people thinking she was some sort of CCD spy.

The man smiled. "Follow me please."
She did and he led her to a glass display case full of pistols. He pulled out his keys and unlocked the case. "Here are my recommendations."
He pulled out three pistols, one at a time, naming them as he did. Browning Hi Power, Beretta Px4 Storm Full, and Glock G30.

He pointed to the first two. "These ones are 9mm. The Glock is .45. I pulled that one out because it's one of my favorites, however, given that you are a new shooter and smaller of size, it might be a little big for you. No offense intended."
Emily shook her head to indicate she wasn't. He smiled. "The 9mm are smaller, but will chamber more rounds. The .45 is bigger with more stopping power. It will also have a heavier recoil though. Would you like my opinion?"

Emily nodded. "Go for one of the 9mm. Start out with that and if you feel like upgrading to a .45 later, that's always available to you."

Emily smiled. She was a businesswoman and understood what he was trying to do - setting up a future sale. She did understand what he was saying however. She decided the Glock was out and looked at the other two. "Can I hold them?"

He nodded. "Sure. Just don't point them at anyone. Keep in mind, they will be heavier loaded."

She picked up the Px4 first. It was fairly heavy and then picked up the Browning. It was lighter. She set it back down. She had liked both of them. Both looked neat anyways. She picked the Browning back up. She liked the weight. She also liked the wood that was on the handle that gave it a classic look. She nodded at the shopkeeper to show she had made her choice, and then looked at Ayden to see if she approved.

Edited by Emily Shale, Dec 2 2014, 03:19 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Ayden - 12-01-2014, 08:39 AM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 12-01-2014, 03:18 PM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 12-02-2014, 01:38 PM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 12-02-2014, 03:17 PM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 12-03-2014, 10:46 AM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 12-03-2014, 02:06 PM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 12-04-2014, 09:04 AM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 12-04-2014, 01:48 PM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 12-05-2014, 10:07 AM
[No subject] - by Emily Shale - 12-05-2014, 03:35 PM
[No subject] - by Ayden - 12-08-2014, 02:28 PM