This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Long Conversations
Nox liked the idea of being able to test weaves on a live target, and he was impressed that she trusted him that much. She couldn't see, feel or do anything to defend herself against his ability, but she was game. It would definitely be interesting.

He had to know, she had some big mission, some secret thing, Nox just had to know. When he asked her she didn't look happy, like she didn't really want to share, but she did anyway, and Nox's jaw dropped almost literally. Kill The Ascendancy, one of the, if not THE, most powerful men on the planet. He swallowed hard. That was a hell of a mission. He of course wanted in. It was scary as hell, but it was worth the prestige if it came through.

"You can count me in."

The look on her face said that was not the answer she was expecting. Her words spoke the same. "You have no idea what you are saying."

Nox laughed. "Sure I do, what's kept you from going after him. His security? Okay we'll figure that out. You and me. What else?"
Nox held up a finger indicating he wanted to figure it out, he grinned at her. "If he's Apollyon that means he's special. Like me?"
The look on her face and the nod of her head said he was right. Nox smiled brightly, "I can see what he does, feel him embrace the power. What else is keeping you from killing him?"

Aria tilted her head to the side, she hadn't know that. She probably didn't know a lot of what he was capable of. "He's the most powerful man in the world, or near abouts, we can't get close."

Nox laughed, "We don't have to get close."

Aria sighed, "I don't think I want to kill him. But I don't want the death sentence I have by not completing the task either. I only took the job to save my life for a little while longer, maybe I can find away out of it."
Aria paused like she was looking in and thinking Nox grinned, she was a strange duck sometimes. He wondered if she thought him the same. She was foreign after all, foreign to him at least.

She continued but she still looked lost in thought, "There is a friend, who is now working for Ascendancy, he is like you. He wants to meet more like me with in the Atharim. Those who don't want to kill godlings. I'm not exactly sure what he wants with them, or why, but there is no need to kill you, only those of you who go bad. You aren't a monster, neither are the others I meant."
Aria frowned, her eyes went dark at some thought.

Nox squeezed her hand. "Hey. That's not a good thought. Darkness bad."

Aria smiled at him, it really was a pretty smile. She needed to do it more often. "Was just thinking about Dane. It always happens when I think about him."

Nox shook his head. "Purge him from your mind, you've another beau, so don't think about him."

Aria laughed. "Easier said than done."

"I know."
He really did understand. This might be easier than he thought. "What else we have to cover?"

Aria shook her head. He grinned. "Well then, Aurora would like to meet you. Show her around HQ, help with initiation and all that jazz. Come by some time, bring Lucas, I'll show you around, we can spar a little, whatever, help me figure out how to set up for best of our world."

Aria nodded. "Soon. I have another appointment"

Nox gave Aria a mock frown. "You double booked me. I feel slighted."
He grinned. "Really, no problem. Can't wait to get started."

Aria took his hand and squeezed it. "Me either."
And with as little ceremony as she entered, she left. Nox looked around his now empty apartment and knew it was the last time he'd be there.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Nox - 12-15-2014, 09:39 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 12-16-2014, 08:55 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 12-17-2014, 09:07 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 12-18-2014, 09:14 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 12-19-2014, 08:44 AM