This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Perfect Prey
His mother used to tell stories of how the rich and powerful enjoyed their playtime. Monaco was filled with nothing but such men and women and no few excuses to play either. Enzo assumed Manifesto was much the same, since there was no beautiful cote d'azur to lure the eye toward the watery horizon. It seemed that his companion was all too familiar with the likes of the club as well, intimately familiar in a way that left a bitter taste in his mouth. "Ah-ha, now I see. Drinking scotch when we should stay with wine."
The joke was a poor attempt at lightening the tension. If Mister White was disinclined to see the humor, Enzo's ease would hopefully convey it.

He moved on. "Take your few days, I will wait. She does not appear to be going any where. I ask myself why she goes there at all, but these drakaina are not vermin sniffing out their next meal. They want adoration and power, particularly from and over men, but can not themselves attain it through the usual political channels. Any wealth she has, has been given to her. Or taken from someone. I suspect she drains some poor fool of his and he has no idea just exactly what he is dealing with. With any luck, we'll find out who the leech's victim is and we can use them to trap her."

That last he spoke mainly to himself. Once Manifesto was over, the task became Enzo's again. He was prepared to spend a year planning her demise. Mister White may not be so patient.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Hood - 11-19-2014, 08:54 PM
[No subject] - by Enzo Dolan - 11-22-2014, 09:13 AM
[No subject] - by Hood - 11-23-2014, 04:05 PM
[No subject] - by Enzo Dolan - 11-25-2014, 07:18 PM
[No subject] - by Hood - 11-26-2014, 08:03 PM
[No subject] - by Enzo Dolan - 11-28-2014, 06:00 PM
[No subject] - by Hood - 11-29-2014, 09:39 AM
[No subject] - by Enzo Dolan - 11-30-2014, 06:00 PM
[No subject] - by Hood - 12-01-2014, 11:52 PM
[No subject] - by Enzo Dolan - 12-04-2014, 09:39 PM
[No subject] - by Hood - 12-15-2014, 08:05 PM