This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Alcoholics Anonymous
Calvin's boss's son, Kristoff, dropped Calvin off at the AA Meeting that Dr. Pirozzi had mentioned to him at their meeting the night before. That had gone better than expected - at least he felt like he had a plan. Despite that, he felt nervous being here. Kristoff broke the silence. "Here we are. Do you want me to walk in with you?"

"No...I think I need to do this part on my own."
Calvin fumbled with the door handle, his shaking hands making opening the door difficult.

"Alright...call me when you're done, and I'll come get you. We're rooting for you, Cal."

Calvin nodded at him, and walked to the building. The trip to the hospital had taken some time and they were just about to begin when Calvin entered. There was one empty chair so Calvin sat down, slumping in the chair and trying to make himself as small as possible. He was already embarrassed about being almost late. He gripped the arms of the chair hard to prevent the shaking, but his hands still tremored with nervousness, despite his knuckles turning white.

"Alright we have some new faces here tonight, so lets go around and introduce ourselves and tell each other why we're here."
the facilitator said.

Calvin awaited his turn and said, "I'm Calvin and that's all I'm comfortable sharing right now."

The facilitator gave Calvin an encouraging smile and nodded. He wouldn't force him; Calvin had to make the leap on his own, but he would be there to help when he was ready. Calvin had to admit that he was scared. He was in a room full of strangers and his only thoughts were on whiskey.

They finished introductions, and Calvin had unfortunately forgotten most of their names; his mind was elsewhere. A courage he hadn't felt before came up though and he spoke. "Ummm...can I say something."
The facilitator smiled at him and nodded; Calvin was ready. "Ummm...I'm Calvin and I'm here because I'm depressed and have a drinking problem and I want to get better..."
Calvin's breath began to quicken. "But all I can think about is that I want a drink right now so bad....I'm sorry...I don't know what to do anymore."
Calvin was only partially aware of the tears that had begun to fall.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Calvin - 01-09-2015, 05:43 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 01-10-2015, 12:21 PM
[No subject] - by Calvin - 01-12-2015, 03:13 AM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 01-12-2015, 04:03 PM
[No subject] - by Calvin - 01-12-2015, 04:42 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 01-13-2015, 04:24 PM
[No subject] - by Calvin - 01-13-2015, 04:25 PM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 01-13-2015, 11:02 PM
[No subject] - by Calvin - 01-14-2015, 12:46 AM