This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

To the Lap of Luxury
Aurora lost track of time she had cried in the bathroom. She could hear Diego in the other room but she couldn't make out what he said. It didn't matter, he was on the phone with someone. None of her business.

She stood up and looked in the mirror, it was probably a good thing her make up was minimal this morning or she'd be a major mess, not just puffy looking and a little smeared. Aurora righted herself, smoothed her hair and took a deep breath before opening the door to the bathroom.

Diego was standing there looking angry. He wore something drastically different than he had been .His pajamas were were clean and crisp but he looked a little rumpled in them. Now he looked extremely dashing and mouth watering. The dark suit jacket, with nearly snake scaled like lapels, hugged his body over the blood red shirt. Aurora had no clue was material that shirt was made out of but she liked it. His tie matched and looked like the same material, same with the pocket square. Every bit of it flowed around him, was part of him. Aurora smiled at him. "Don't you look fantastic."
Aurora walked around him to get a look at all sides, the whole spin and turn thing just was not very manly. She stopped in front of him and looked up with a smile. "I think I'm under-dressed."

His eyes still radiated anger, but his words were soft. "Beauty is never under-dressed."
He raised an eyebrow. "Are you feeling better?"

Aurora blushed, "I am now."
She smiled up at him, "So where are you taking me?"

His cheeks still had a touch of red in them, but his mood calmed as he seemed to physically take control of himself. "Music speaks to our soul. A friend of mine owns a small place downtown. This afternoon, a Roma, Andrzej Gitano, will be playing some classical guitar from Castille."
He snorted. "In general, I prefer Spanish musicians to Roma- the music sounds more of home. But Gitano is truly gifted."

"Sounds lovely."
Aurora didn't really care, as long as Diego continued to keep her mind from her brother and his ... Aurora sighed, she wasn't going to think about them, not even in the slightest. She looked up at Diego and forced herself to smile, and feel happy about it. He still looked slightly angry at whoever had been on the phone, but she didn't want him to be angry. She reached up and touched his cheek, "We should leave the wallet's here. They seem to be causing trouble this morning."

He chuckled at her. "It sounds like an amputation. No wallet?"
But his eyes finally showed a smile. "Very well."

Aurora giggled, "If it's too much trouble, you don't have to. I know it's like cutting off a hand. But I will be leaving mine. My brother can call all he likes."

A shadow passed across his face and his narrowed eyes flicked to her wallet. His voice was hard. "It would be unfortunate if he tried to ruin your day any further."
He pulled his out and laid it on the side table. "We shall be primitives."
The color in his cheeks indicated his words were merely an attempt at humor.

Aurora laughed. "Primitives, I like that. Sadly we can't do without ALL technology, but without our wallets will be a good start."
Aurora didn't want to know why it would be unfortunate for Nox to ruin her day, she didn't really think on the comment at all other than to wonder why Diego had said it the way he had.

Aurora took Diego's hand and grabbed her coat with the other. "Since we don't have to be anywhere till this afternoon, I have something we can do together."
She looked up at him. "That is if you don't mind?"

He looked down at her, at her hand, and smiled. "More surprises? Yes. I would like that."

Aurora smiled happily. "Good then."
She held Diego's hand as she left his apartment and down in the elevator. He opened doors and pushed buttons and Aurora found that all it charming. Always a gentleman.

She headed for the metro and found one small problem, and laughed, "Without my wallet I have no way to ride the metro."
Her wallet was of course her life, it had her ID, her money, credit, everything lived on her wallet, which now sat in Diego's apartment.

She turned on her heels with a grin. "You mind walking? It's not too far."

He laughed at her. "Being primitive is hard isn't it?"
He touched his pocket. "I have cash. But I don't mind walking."
He quirked an eyebrow and said with a touch of humor, "Since this is your show, I do expect to be entertained, though."
His smile said that he was enjoying himself. Perhaps after the tension earlier, he felt relief now.

She laughed softly, "Oh so hard, with the excellent company."

Aurora walked back up to the street and found her bearings and started walking with Diego at her side, she held his hand, almost like she was afraid he'd leave. There were plenty of things to see in Moscow, but there was one thing she wanted to see before leaving. It was part of the geek in her, part Atharim.

They walked and chatted for about half a mile before the large white building rose into view. The State Darwin Museum was just something to kill time, but it was part of her curiosity that made her want to go in. She wondered if anything had changed with the exhibits over the years. After all evolution was all the time happening. The world moved on, it evolved everyday.

When she got to the small courtyard of concrete with a statue depicting the stages of man, Aurora looked up at Diego, "You game?"
She grinned up at him. "If not, there's an art museum a block that way."
She nodded her head in the appropriate direction.

His brow furrowed and then he nodded. "Only if you explain what things mean to you as you see them."
He shrugged. "In all honesty, I've never cared much for history beyond that of my own family. And science means little to me. But I am willing."

Aurora frowned slightly, "I don't want to bore you, so if you get bored tell me, okay?"
He nodded and smiled.

Aurora walked into the building with Diego holding the doors open and following her in. She glanced at the clock on the wall, and smiled. A tour was about to start. Perfect, she thought.

She hung back, but there was only one other person with them, an older man with a specticals and graying hair. The tour guide was a young man who looked utterly bored, he smiled when he saw Aurora standing behind the man. He pretty much ignored Diego standing just behind her. She didn't notice Diego's frown.

They followed him into the first exhibit. The tour guide started his spiel while looking directly at Aurora and gesturing emphatically, like he actually understood anything he was saying, but Aurora knew it was just a script. He was going on about the evolution of the critters in the north pole.

They moved through each exhibit with the tour guide using his knowledge as a way to flirt with Aurora. He never once took his eyes off Aurora, but he didn't seem to notice that she was almost always talking with Diego in hushed tones while she looked at the exhibits. Diego mostly grunted in response. She would look at the tour guide and he'd flash a bright smile and his eyes would light up. Aurora continued her conversation with Diego, telling him what she thought of the exhibits, and why she liked them. She even included her own insights into things. Diego appeared to shift back and forth between irritation at something and interest in her words.

It wasn't the science of it that was interesting. It was the concept of changing things through small modifications. It was how her power worked. She could manipulate a person's body in just the right way, could start their heart, or could stop it. Nearly everything she could do with her power had an equal and opposite reaction. She didn't say that exactly to Diego, but she was excited when talking to him.

At the end of the tour Diego spoke up. "I suppose I never really noticed such things. For as long as I can remember, everything in my life has been the same."
A shadow passed over his face and his eyes took on a look of irritation. "Well, for the most part. To be honest, I don't like change. Not much anyway. Things and people you come to depend on suddenly disappear or leave."
He said nothing after that brief burst. Instead, he looked about, as if reassessing what they had seen.

Aurora didn't really notice the tour guide come up to her...

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-24-2015, 09:23 AM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-24-2015, 02:27 PM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-25-2015, 12:47 PM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-26-2015, 11:28 AM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-27-2015, 10:11 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 02-27-2015, 02:11 PM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 03-05-2015, 04:23 PM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 03-06-2015, 04:24 PM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 03-10-2015, 03:45 PM