This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

To the Lap of Luxury
Nox woke up from a small nap, Aurora still wasn't home so he had decided to call her. It was just a matter of hearing her side of the story, he still couldn't believe she'd used her power against Aria. She did exactly what the Atharim claimed they would do, that the power would be used for things like that, out of control, that was bad. And that was what he was more upset about then the fact that she had attacked Aria outright.

He called her and went directly to voice mail after the first ring. Whatever she was doing she had her wallet with her. He gave her a few minutes before he called back. This time she answered yelling at him. It only fueled his anger.

He told her exactly what he thought of her abuse of the power, and she pretty much ignored it and claimed he was always telling her what to do. It was far from the truth, he never told her what to do, just made suggestions, and unlike her, he didn't expect her follow his words. She never had in the past. But her words made the fury rise and he knew even though Aria couldn't hear what he said from her room, she could feel everything he was so he hung up without another word.

Nox put his wallet in his pocket and went to the kitchen to get a bottle of water and then headed towards the gym, he had to punch the anger away, it was a better use of his energy anyway. But the moment he stepped into the gym's doorway his wallet rang. He pulled it open and didn't say anything as he answered the call, he just listened. He wasn't going to apologize and she was the one who called him, she knew he was there.

Silence from the other end was disenchanting, he sighed, "What do you want Aurora. Clearly you don't want to be civil about this."

A hard accented voice was on the other end. "Your sister is crying. All morning she had been upset because of you. And when I finally get her cheered up, you pull her down again."
His tone was sharp and whiplike.

Nox stopped dead in his tracks, who the hell was answering Aurora's phone. Nox wasn't sure whether to ask who this guy was or to take offense at the fact that he was blaming him for Aurora's moods. The latter won out. "Dude, I don't know who you are but I am not the cause of my sister's mood. She's the one who fucking attacked my friend. All I wanted was to know is why. So give my sister her phone and let me speak to her."

He heard a snort on the other end. "Your sister is in the bathroom crying. Be proud, cabrĂ³n. Big strong man with the harsh words."
The voice dripped sarcasm. "I'm sure she appreciates knowing where your loyalties lie."
The voice became firm. "Just leave her be."

Nox laughed. "Yeah, just like my sister to go running to some strange man for loving support. She can speak up for herself just fine. Why did you call me? To bitch at me? Tell me how bad a a brother I am. Why do you think I care what you think?"
Nox was not going to put up with some douche telling him how to treat his sister. Aurora had started this. She went off on Aria. She used her power in anger, everything she told him not to do.

Sarcastic laughter came from the other end. "You are quite defensive. I think you already know exactly what kind of brother you are."

Nox couldn't help but laugh. "You think you are being smart and calling me on my bluff. I know exactly what I am. And Aurora knows exactly what her brother is, she's not stupid. All I want is an explanation. She can go off on Aria for all care, Aria's a big girl she can take care of herself. I just want to know why Aurora did what she did. Because she goes off doing one thing and does something else that contradicts what she's said. I need to know why?"
Nox was sure this guy was a just looking out for his sister, but he was going about it the wrong way, and he couldn't even hear Aurora in the background, for all he knew she didn't even know he was talking to Nox. "So don't pretend you know me. Cause you have no clue who I am."

The voice became cold. "I neither know you nor care to know you. Your sister will speak to you when she chooses to. In the meantime, I suggest you consider the stress your sister must be under to get to the point of hiding in my bathroom crying after one conversation with you. Because that should be your real concern. That, and what I will do to you if you do it again."
The call clicked off.

This man had the audacity to threaten him. What the fuck? Nox put his wallet away and had even more reason to punch things now. He wished he knew who the hell that guy was.
Edited by Nox, Feb 27 2015, 02:13 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-24-2015, 09:23 AM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-24-2015, 02:27 PM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-25-2015, 12:47 PM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-26-2015, 11:28 AM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-27-2015, 10:11 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 02-27-2015, 02:11 PM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 03-05-2015, 04:23 PM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 03-06-2015, 04:24 PM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 03-10-2015, 03:45 PM