This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

To the Lap of Luxury
Aurora made toast and very artfully buttered it. She place the toast on a paper plate and handed it to Diego. " See? Told you I could cook!"
Aurora stuck her tongue out at him as she stepped away from the bar and started busying herself with pulling out flour, eggs and milk for the base of a crepe. It wasn't something she usually made, but it was fancy and fancy is what he deserved despite her prior humor. He looked at her flatly, his thoughts hidden in their depths, but said nothing. She pointedly ignored his reaction.

Aurora wasn't nearly as fluid as he had been in his kitchen, but everything was well placed and she didn't have to hunt and scavenge for much, it all seemed to be very logical.

There was probably too much batter for the two of them, but she thought she'd managed to get enough to fill even a growing man like Nox. He was always hungry. The thought of her brother interrupted her good mood and she pushed it away.

Aurora found frozen mixed fruit in the freezer and started to make a sauce from it. It wouldn't be nearly as good as fresh, but it would do and it would be sweeter. Aurora even scratch made whipping cream. It was easy with a mixer but she beat it by hand, it was more therapeutic this way.

By the time she was done she had two lovely fruit covered plates of crepes that she sat them down in front of Diego with a smile. He nodded smilingly at the plate and raised an eyebrow at her. "You had me worried there for a moment, I will confess. But this looks lovely."
He raised a fork and dug in, taking a bite. He chewed slowly, his eyes closed as if in ecstasy. He opened them and gave her a dazzling smile. "Wonderful."

Aurora smiled brightly at him, she knew she was a good cook, her mother had impressed upon her that the best way to a man's heart was through his stomach, and her father had adored her mother's cooking even if it was on an open camp fire cooking some rodent animal thing for dinner. "That's what you get for doubting me!"
She smiled playfully at him before taking a bit of her own crepe. It was pretty good, she would have preferred the fresh fruit, but it worked well.

They chatted idly about little things, Aurora's mind never really wandering away from him, he encompassed everything when she was around him. And that was fine with her, he was a bright spot in an otherwise drab world. And she wanted to hold on to that.

When they were both done Aurora took the plates and cleaned up what ever mess was left remaining. She shooed him away when he tried to take over. "I made the mess, I will clean it up. It'll be like I was never here."
She grinned up at him and pushed her hands against his chest to make him go away. It was playful and she was pretty sure he didn't like the idea too much, but it only showed in a passing moment of his expressions. Aurora had to pull herself away from him to clean up. She could still feel the electricity from touching him at her finger tips. She tried not to think too much about it, but she failed miserably at that.

She could feel him looking at her for a moment. Then "Very well. I will go get dressed."
She heard a smile in his voice. "I have an idea of where we can go."
He padded off around the counter and out into the main room on the way to the stairs to his room. His movements were economical and swift, not the frenzy of his cello playing.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-24-2015, 09:23 AM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-24-2015, 02:27 PM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-25-2015, 12:47 PM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-26-2015, 11:28 AM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 02-27-2015, 10:11 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 02-27-2015, 02:11 PM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 03-05-2015, 04:23 PM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 03-06-2015, 04:24 PM
[No subject] - by Aurora - 03-10-2015, 03:45 PM