This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Of Assassination and Murder - Part I
Aria would have been grateful for the cold crisp fresh air as she walked through the streets of Moscow if she could have even comprehended the fact that she was free of Ascendancy's grasp for the moment. Something nagged at Aria but she continued to walk. She was forgetting something but she wasn't sure what it was.

The world went on without her. Aria found herself sitting on a chair in the subway station. She'd only noticed now that a train had just left. Which one had it been? Was it the one home? Aria blinked trying to catch her bearings, but no matter how she tried everything was foggy.

Aria's cheeks were wet with tears and she didn't even remember crying. Aria glanced felt in her pocket and found her wallet - the Atharim issue wallet. It was blinking at her furiously. There were two messages from Lucas recently and a few texts from him and from Nox. The world still ushered on as Aria worked her way through each message trying to understand what was going on.

Another train arrived as Aria was about to check the first voice mail Lucas had left. She stood up and walked over to the arriving train and listened to the voice on the other side of the line ""Hello love, I have something that means a great deal to you. I wish you'd answered to say your good-byes. Sorry, you won't get that chance now." Aria had expected to hear Lucas' voice. She blinked at the me name and listened do the message again.

The world stopped. Aria recognized the voice. She stood there staring off into the distance the fury inside rising. Giordano had Lucas. The train pulled away and Aria stood on the platform listening to the second voice mail Lucas had left her.

Aria's heart leapt when she heard Lucas speaking. "Aria, it's me. I just wanted to talk to you. I miss you."
Aria smiled. But something was wrong, she could hear it in his voice. "I just wanted to tell you how much I love you. And how proud I am of you. I am so proud of you Aria. I am proud to know you."
Something was definitely wrong! "I know that there are things I don't know. I know that. But it doesn't make me love you less. You, more than anyone, have been given a difficult path. You have suffered and endured what few have. But you have never given up. And that is why I love you."
Aria's was glad he understood but something was wrong. Aria couldn't figure it out as she continued to listen. And that was when things really started going from better to worse. "I'm sorry. I just need to tell her this." It was muffled like he was talking to someone other than her. Aria heard some one talking to Lucas, but she couldn't make out his voice. Her heart sank.

"He's a good man, Aria. Your father. I hope that we can all get together. It will be a family reunion."
Aria fell to her knees, her father had Lucas and was manipulating him. He heart cried but the fury rose inside. "I hope you are safe. I hope you are good. I miss you. I love you Aria. The best day of my life was the day you walked into my shop. I hope you come home soon. I...Sorry. I'm not sure what's wrong. I can't wait to see you again, Aria. I love you.""Oh God, oh God, oh God...."
Aria didn't like the sound of Lucas' sobs, he knew what was going on, he knew who had him. Everything he'd said had been a manipulation Aria needed to find her father and he would pay for it.

The phone went silent and then sprang to life again with her father's voice. "My dear daughter, I told you I had something dear to you. Listen to him cry. He knows what is in store. Do come see me when you get this."

The anger and the hatred poured into Aria. She would find this man and he would pay...But first she needed her things.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Aria - 07-06-2015, 08:48 AM
[No subject] - by Lucas - 07-06-2015, 09:34 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 07-06-2015, 10:37 AM
[No subject] - by Aria - 07-20-2015, 12:09 PM
[No subject] - by Aria - 07-21-2015, 07:46 AM