This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hunting Atharim
He wanted help hunting Atharim? And he wanted Nox to help. That was a bit of a reach for Nox. Working with the cops to catch his own people. Could he betray them? What if it was Aria?

Fuck! The Atharim would want him dead. The Atharim would hunt him down and try to kill him. But Nox wasn't some two bit hack. He fought monsters with his power. He killed Oni and rougarou. He killed a rush of weird ass creatures without a scratch on him.

Nox wasn't some sick kid. The Atharim that hunted him would find themselves dead unless they put a bullet in his brain unwittingly. Nox glanced around the room. He didn't like where he was sitting now. Fuck!

Paranoia on top of insomnia this was so going to go well.

"You know what you are asking me to do right? You are asking me to betray everything I've ever known."
How was that any different from what he had done with Aria. Hunting Ascendancy had been her job, yet when it came down to it Aria started working for the Ascendancy - betraying her people and taking him down the same path. Dorian was doing the same thing - betraying his people. And for what? A life on the run? Hiring some kid to protect his son. Dorian had his reasons for betraying his people. Protecting his son was number one on his priority list. The Atharim would hunt Cruz down the moment they found him.

What was the benefit for him? Why say yes? Nox sighed. "Yeah. Alright."
There was no benefit. But cooperation was a good way to keep his head above water long enough to figure out how to stay away from the Atharim. It would only take moments for the records to reflect he'd confessed to murdering with the power of the gods. The Atharim would know by now. Someone would hunt him.

Nox pulled out his Atharim issued wallet from his other pocket and tried to gain access. But he'd been right. He'd been locked out. Confessions did that. He could only wonder when and who would be after him.

Nox pulled the storage card from the device that held all his fun software he'd have to see if Sage could wrangle it to his new wallet. When he got back from surgery anyway. Stray thoughts lingered, his body against him and Nox had to push it away. Not now he thought to himself.

Back on topic. "Well my confession has had the expected result. I can't find out who exactly did the job. But Dorian might be able to. That should be our first stop. He should have the information already as he's supposed to be covering their tracks. And if he wants to keep the Atharim off him, then he needs to keep doing his job. Framing me was his best option of that. You threw it out the window for him."
Nox grinned. "Thanks for that."

"You want to call Dorian or do you want me to?"

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Nox - 08-02-2017, 01:21 PM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 08-08-2017, 05:43 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 08-09-2017, 07:28 AM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 08-16-2017, 10:34 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 08-16-2017, 12:29 PM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 08-18-2017, 05:35 PM
[No subject] - by Nox - 08-19-2017, 09:39 AM
[No subject] - by Ivan Sarkozy - 08-24-2017, 10:58 AM
[No subject] - by Nox - 08-24-2017, 12:12 PM