This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

First day in Moscow
Zander handed Lawrence the stories on their boy downstairs. After the intern took their stuff to the room, he'd began to read up on everything he could find about Jaxen Marveet. The name itself tripped a lot of flags on his searches, but most of them were in relation to the greater Marveet family. It took navigating to some sketchy websites to read about Jaxen, specifically. Playboy, partying, drugs. Pictures in clubs. Posing with celebrities. Driving sports cars. Lots of girls. Lots of videos of stunts. This guy was famous for doing all the kinds of things that Zander thought Lawrence needed to avoid. He wasn't the kind of lead that she needed. But there was more to it than that. Zander didn't like Jaxen. He didn't trust him and he definitely didn't trust him alone with Lawrence at some club.

"You're not really going out with that guy, are you?" He asked of Lawrence as she took the information.

She dropped her bag on one of the beds, eyeing the room. It wasn't terrible. They'd definitely stayed in worse places, and if not for Jaxen, they were headed to just such a place next. "You kidding me? This guy is a gold mine, Zander! I'm going to jump in the shower and read up on him. You keep sending me anything you find that's interesting. I need to know what's at stake here."

She left her intern, knowing he was worried about her, but Lawrence could handle herself. She'd definitely walked into stickier situations to earn even less important information for a story. Jaxen was pretty harmless, she wagered. That didn't mean she would let down her guard, though. She wasn't stupid. On the other hand, she was kind of excited about going out with him. Not to mention the fact that he was plain hot.

She didn't have a lot on her in way of luxurious, clubbing clothing, but she did have one travel-resistant black dress rolled up in the corner of her suitcase she made sure to bring to Moscow. It wasn't exactly cotoure, but it would be fine. The black cloth was wrinkle-resistant, had some sparkle around the neckline, and fit her like a glove. Tall, with green eyes and silky red hair, Laurie cleaned up well. She smiled at herself in the mirror. It had been a long time since she saw herself looking like this. A smokey eye darkened her lids and red glossed her lips. Zander blinked in shock when he saw her all ready. He'd definitely never seen her dolled up before.

"I take it this'll work,"
she smiled, noting his reaction, then grabbed a small hand bag for her Wallet. When she walked into the lobby a few minutes late, she felt every pair of eyes looking at her. Travelers were in jeans or sweatshirts. She only nodded and waited for Jaxen at the door.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Lawrence Monday - 11-02-2017, 08:07 PM
[No subject] - by Jaxen Marveet - 11-03-2017, 08:22 PM
[No subject] - by Lawrence Monday - 11-04-2017, 09:24 PM
[No subject] - by Jaxen Marveet - 11-05-2017, 10:04 AM
[No subject] - by Lawrence Monday - 11-05-2017, 12:42 PM
[No subject] - by Jaxen Marveet - 11-05-2017, 03:48 PM
[No subject] - by Lawrence Monday - 11-05-2017, 07:23 PM
[No subject] - by Jaxen Marveet - 11-06-2017, 10:10 PM
[No subject] - by Lawrence Monday - 11-18-2017, 03:36 PM
[No subject] - by Jaxen Marveet - 11-19-2017, 04:47 PM
[No subject] - by Lawrence Monday - 11-19-2017, 10:14 PM