This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

First day in Moscow
"Jaxen, that looks terrible. Maybe you should think about seeing a doctor or something."

Jaxen felt the collar of his leather jacket had fallen, but he didn't even look up from the holokeyboard that kept his fingers racing let alone move to fix it. He didn't think Roman was observant enough to notice the wound any more than a passing glance. Guess he was wrong.

"What, you talking about my vampire love bite?"
He answered, squinting at the results that flashed across the screen. The computer was passable, so far. Nothing that even compared to the state of the art technology that was his previous set-up, the station that he once used to build his notorious online presence. Roman was in the market to sell him a replacement, and as Jaxen was in the market to buy one, he was here testing it out.

"A vampire love bite?"
Roman slouched on the sofa, smoothing his black hair behind his ears and lit a Vaporette, puffing deep.

Jaxen finished his keystrokes, crossed his arms and lowered his brow thoughtfully a moment, only to wipe the decision from his face and swivel to face Roman. "Yeah. In the last year I have been shot at by Atharim, kidnapped by cannibals, knifed at by Atharim, kidnapped by snakes, and learned I could do this...,"
he centered his mind for a moment. On the next, elation and darkness hovered across his senses like hellish clouds cast a glow on his skin. He spun tendrils of Aire and Fire until sparks snapped the room. Then, grinning through the darkness, he let them go and reached forward with fingers of Aire to snatch Roman's Vaporette from his mouth only to take a drag for himself. "Honestly, a vampire bite isn't that far-fetched these days."

Having two Vaporettes discarded on the floor nearby, Roman was either too dulled in the head to care about Jaxen's channeling, or he was simply not that impressed. Jaxen needed to think of something flashier to do with the ancient power. Roman shrugged, but still pointed nonetheless. "Dude, a doctor. Seriously. It's oozing now."

Jaxen put a hand to his neck, slightly grossed and slightly concerned when his fingers came away wet. At least it wasn't blood. Maybe blood would have been preferable.

"I'll take the computer. Get it packed up for me. I'll be right back."
He flicked the emptied Vaporette to the trash can and disappeared in the bathroom to see the damage for himself. Li hadn't said anything about long-term problems from the drakaina's attention, but neither did Jaxen ask. He only noticed the redness this morning anyway.

By the time he reached the lobby, computer safely weighing down the inner pocket of his coat, he'd cleaned the fluid from his neck and pulled the collar of his coat high. Screw doctors. Screw Roman. All he needed was a dark room and a couple nights rest. Huh, maybe he was turning into a vampire. That'd be cool.

He got in line at the lobby's desk behind a couple, readying his Wallet to pay for a room.
"So?" said Loki impatiently.  "This isn't the first time the world has come to an end, and it won't be the last either."
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Lawrence Monday - 11-02-2017, 08:07 PM
[No subject] - by Jaxen Marveet - 11-03-2017, 08:22 PM
[No subject] - by Lawrence Monday - 11-04-2017, 09:24 PM
[No subject] - by Jaxen Marveet - 11-05-2017, 10:04 AM
[No subject] - by Lawrence Monday - 11-05-2017, 12:42 PM
[No subject] - by Jaxen Marveet - 11-05-2017, 03:48 PM
[No subject] - by Lawrence Monday - 11-05-2017, 07:23 PM
[No subject] - by Jaxen Marveet - 11-06-2017, 10:10 PM