This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Checking in
So this is Trano. I thought he'd be younger.

Takeo bowed politely to the man holding the door. He had of course seen photos of Nicholas Trano, but photos rarely do a man justice. Even holograms cannot capture the heft of a living, breathing human being. Only blood and bones and flesh can do that.

To the hand jutted out at him, Takeo regarded, then shook. His handshake was, as usual, quick but firm. "Greetings, Mr. Trano. I am Takeo Onoda, and I will be your host while you are with us in Moscow."
He studied the man's face a moment, and smiled at what he took to be a compliment, no matter the backhand that came with it. "Please, allow me to make a few quick introductions."

Stepping back into the hall, and motioning Nicholas to follow, Takeo made the rounds. "This is Sergei Braun, my bodyguard."
Sergei offered a bear-sized paw to shake, eyes dull and jaw set. "Junnichi Yamada, my staff manager. Kasumi Fujimoto, my assistant."
Kasumi seemed to have something to say about that, though she did not. "Ken and Miki - pages. And this,"
he smiled, ushering forward the oldest of the group, who shuffled obligingly with an excited smile of his own slightly messy teeth. "This is Dr. Takeshi Saito, a Japanese-American Historian and your number one fan."

Saito shot him an immeasurable look, but Takeo ignored it. "I wanted to meet the fu--,"
Saito faltered, but recovered quickly, "I wanted to meet you, Mr. Trano."
His hand was sweaty. "It is an honor. I would love to speak with you about your experience in Moscow tonight at dinner?"

Takeo seemed unconvinced. "We will let you know, Sensei."
To Trano, he added, "Sergei and Miki will join us today. And, your two assistants?"

To be honest, Takeo had expected Trano to come alone. He was only bringing Sergei and Miki to balance the numbers. They all turned to greet Abrams and Reed, and only Jun's eyes - those nearly mechanical blue disks - lingered on them. Junnichi was untrusting to the point of paranoia at times - but it was what had kept him alive this long, what had kept many alive.

The final party decided, Takeo motioned toward the elevator, "Shall we?"

Edited by Takeo, Sep 9 2013, 01:54 AM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 08-26-2013, 05:28 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 08-28-2013, 03:54 AM
[No subject] - by Takeo - 09-07-2013, 02:03 AM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 09-08-2013, 02:45 AM
[No subject] - by Takeo - 09-09-2013, 01:54 AM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 09-09-2013, 02:34 AM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 09-22-2013, 09:52 AM