This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Checking in
The trip to Moscow had been uneventful, of course. What was supposed to happen on an aging dreamliner eight miles up? Same with the trip through customs--there weren't going to be many disturbances in the largest airport in the most powerful nation in the world. On some level he hated that.

He was just about ready to turn in for the night when they reached their apartments. Ten hours of doing nothing--I can't believe they still don't allow wallets on planes
--have a way of tiring a man out. And their best bourbon--still cheap
--didn't help matters. But he had work to do.

Abrams sat him down once all their luggage was piled up in the main room. One thing Nicholas had learned about the agents was that they took their job seriously. Another was that Reed was kind of a bitch. Still haven't heard the ice queen's voice.

"Alright, Mr. Trano." Abrams was sitting at the table, across from him. Neither had touched the food. "I need to make sure you have everything memorized." His eyes narrowed. "We can't afford mistakes."

There wasn't much in the Wallet to begin with. But the questions came nonetheless. Some of them were odd. "How many guards are on patrol in the Savior Tower at midnight?" One. "How quickly can the Moscow PD reach the Kremlin proper?" Two minutes. He had to answer a couple hundred questions of that nature before the agent was satisfied. Only a few of his answers were wrong.

Nicholas was clearly bored at this point, but Abrams was as intense as ever. "Have you had any firearms training?"

Nicholas looked at him. "I was in the Navy. Of course I had firearms training."
Odd that they would forget that.

Even so, Abrams promised to show him a thing or two. Probably not a bad idea, Nicholas had been very busy the past few years. He'd had little time to practice.

Questioning out of the way, Abrams began to fill Nicholas in on some of what his mission entailed. Reed, the mute one, would be handling surveillance and protection. I wonder how she's going to warn me if she can't talk.
He didn't think Abrams noticed his smile.

A lot of what Nicholas was going to be asked to do was intended to clear a way for Abrams to do his work. That was fine with him. Spying wasn't his job, and he didn't want it to be.

"You should probably catch some shut-eye." Abrams was powering up his Wallet. "Takeo Onada himself will be coming here to meet you tomorrow morning." That was the last thing Abrams had to say before taking off, spouting rapid-fire Russian into the Wallet.

So tomorrow morning I get to meet my evil twin.

This was all coming together quickly. And way too easily by half. Three quarters even. In fact, he still wondered if this was all an elaborate prank. That'd be funny, wouldn't it?

Edited by Nick Trano, Sep 7 2013, 02:51 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 08-26-2013, 05:28 PM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 08-28-2013, 03:54 AM
[No subject] - by Takeo - 09-07-2013, 02:03 AM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 09-08-2013, 02:45 AM
[No subject] - by Takeo - 09-09-2013, 01:54 AM
[No subject] - by Nick Trano - 09-09-2013, 02:34 AM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 09-22-2013, 09:52 AM