This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Preparations
Michael took the woman's offered hand and resumed his own seat.

Dr. Weston...

Interesting, although only in passing. He had no interest in military politics and by the look of it, nor did she. Besides, the only way to measure someone's true worth was with action, not words. Nonetheless, he understood his position all too well. If she doubted him, he could not blame her.

As she delivered her orders, Michael's eyes darkened, although his face remained much the same. For once, it suited his mood. Zokoskev's face paled - as well it should. Michael had no sympathy for him, as much as he respected the man.

This was...

"Very dangerous."
Michael said in a flat voice aimed at Zokoskev. The man wouldn't meet his eye. Both of their lives hung in the balance. The Ascendancy's life hung in the balance!

He knew the risks of joining the CCD military. He had no love of war, nor soldiers, or death - but he was prepared. But this? His mind told him to refuse. That there was no art to a war of buttons and drones. Yet...something deep inside him stirred at the challenge.

Very dangerous indeed.

He turned back to Dr. Weston, once again impassive. "It shall be done."

Zokoskev cleared his throat, apparently recovered from the shock. "Not this time, Vellas. This assignment is of the highest priority. You cannot go your own way in this, too much is at stake. You must work together with Dr. Weston. I'm not asking for you to become best friends, but cooperation is essential." It was good to see the fire in the man's eyes ignited once more. "My word has been taken - despite your dubious standing. I will not endanger lives to accommodate you any further."

Michael held the Captain's gaze for a moment before giving him a curt nod. It was for the best, much as it irritated him. "Very well."

He swung towards Dr. Weston once more - he would hurt his neck if this kept up - and fixed her with a steady gaze. "I am young, a foreigner, outside of the military and now responsible for the life of the man who rules half of the world. What would you like to know about me?"

Edited by Michael Vellas, Dec 5 2013, 01:02 PM.
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 11-29-2013, 11:49 AM
[No subject] - by Torri - 11-30-2013, 07:02 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 12-03-2013, 03:31 AM
[No subject] - by Torri - 12-03-2013, 04:01 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 12-05-2013, 01:01 PM
[No subject] - by Torri - 12-05-2013, 06:55 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 12-07-2013, 04:06 AM
[No subject] - by Torri - 12-08-2013, 11:31 AM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 12-08-2013, 04:08 PM
[No subject] - by Torri - 12-12-2013, 04:51 PM