This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Beginnings
Pyotr looked at him. "Ummm...you can help me figure out my Luck? And the sickness..you can help with that too?"
The man's face reeked of wide eyed innocence and trust. He was perfect. Malik put kindness on his face.

"Yes, Pyotr, your....Luck-“
he smiled at the name- “as you call it. And the sickness. And so much more. If you want to learn. If you do what I tell you. So, it's up to you."

Malik still held on to the source, his weave ready should Pyotr make the wrong decision. He watchted him intently.

Pyotr looked down for a bit contemplating his action. He trusted Marcus. He could have hurt him, but didn't. He thought of the things he could do with his Luck. Marcus understood it and could teach him how to control it.
Not to mention that he could make the sickness go away. It was getting worse. His fevers would last longer and the headaches became excruciating. He would sometimes wear blindfolds to keep the light from his eyes. Pyotr's choice was made for him. He didn't even really have a choice.

"I'll do it."
Pyotr responded, offering his hand to shake Marcus's hand. Marcus took it and Pyotr continued, "Although I should probably tell you that I can't use the Luck unless I'm embarrassed."

“I’ll do it,”
Pyotr said after a moment. In fact, the man looked relieved. Malik smiled outwardly. And inside as well, thinking of all the uses he was going to put this man to. But if the man was going to be a tool, he needed to know Pyotr’s strength in the Force. He had been surprised that people had different strengths. But when Andre had begun using it, he’d soon realized that Andre was not able to perform some of the same weaves as him. Or make them as strongly. As Marcus’ ability improved- as well his study of weaving threads- he’d noticed a difference between the two of them. The threads that Marcus made were thicker than those Andre made. They seemed heavier or more dense. The only logical reason was that Marcus was stronger than Andre. Whether that could change, though, now that would be good to know. Necessary even.

Marcus smiled on the inside. Pyotr had no idea how helpful he was going to be to Darth Malik....And then Pyotr mentioned that he couldn’t use his power unless he was embarrassed.

Malik frowned. What?? That irritated him. He knew that George Lucas had invented the Force for his movies, and that his own referring to it as the Force was merely a metaphor he found amusing. But, at the same time Lucas had based the idea on mythologies of many cultures around the world. Clearly, the power he could use was the source of those legends. But in none of those legends he’d heard of was a person limited to something as silly as being embarrassed.

Then a thought clicked. He had had to be calm when using the Force in the beginning. He would have to go through Jedi meditation exercises just to feel that power. Now, though, now he could seize the Force in any mental state. He was free of that ridiculous need. A Sith did not submit, not even to the Force. A Sith mastered it. There was something he was missing here. Or maybe a new fact to take into account. He’d would have to think about this tonight. He would find the answer.

But in the meantime, Pyotr was looking at him expectantly. “I am glad to hear it Pyotr. You will not regret this. The power you touch is vast and unruly. To master it is a difficult. But you will do it, with my help. Your sickness too will go away.”
Marcus saw the hope in the man’s eyes. “Give me your information. I will contact you.”
Then he let his face grow serious. “But….you cannot speak to me when you see me in public.”
Fear would work here. “People with our power become targets. I know you don’t want anyone to find out what you can do. Understood?”

Marcus's secrecy emphasized the truth of his last statement. He was always careful to contact him when he knew no one else would hear. In a way, Marcus trusted him to.

Pyotr was a lonely man. He didn't make friends easily. He was sheltered as a kid and his clumsiness often made him the target of jibes rather than approaches of friendship. Marcus trusted him and he trusted Marcus, and that, to Pyotr, meant that they were friends.

"I'll do my best, Marcus, although when you're in the dining facility, I may have to serve your table, but I can easily keep our friendship anonymous."
Pyotr said, handing Marcus a card with his information written on it.

He hadn't used his Luck for some time, and was excited to get going, "So, when do we start?"

Malik smiled at the word ‘friendship’. It would appear to Pyotr that he considered this the beginning of a friendship. Inside Malik laughed. This is going to be fun. Pyotr was going to be very useful indeed. If we wanted to interpret that as friendship, that was fine. Sith Lords didn’t have friends.

He stood. To Pyotr, he said, "Soon. I promise. My time is limited.”
Malik decided to play up the ‘friendship’. Feigning sincerity and shaking his hand, he said, “But I will make time to help you, my friend. We will do great things together, I think.”
His smile was suddenly not feigned at all.

Marcus took the information Pyotr had given him and walked down one of the walkways back to the Palace. Connections with the Consulates. And now Pyotr. A very productive evening indeed. Now he just had to think on his plans.

((with Gio))

Edited by Marcus DuBois, Jun 18 2014, 12:44 PM.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 06-07-2014, 08:02 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 06-08-2014, 03:56 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 06-10-2014, 12:59 PM
[No subject] - by Pyotr Grigory - 06-14-2014, 09:50 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 06-16-2014, 12:44 PM
[No subject] - by Pyotr Grigory - 06-16-2014, 07:51 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 06-17-2014, 02:44 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 06-19-2014, 11:32 AM