This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Beginnings
It was a normal day for Pyotr. He kept up with his tables and was thankful that he was a waiter at such a nice establishment. On busy days today, he was likely to make good tips. Of course there were the misers who wouldn't tip at all, but hey you take what you can get.

Suddenly something happened. Pyotr couldn't explain it, but he felt a menacing presence in the room.There were no visible effects to whatever it was, but Pyotr felt a sort of buzzing in the air. It lasted for a second and then was gone, but it made Pyotr feel unsafe.

He was surprised enough that he dropped his tray. He wasn't embarrassed, so his Luck didn't kick in. His tray hit the floor and a glass shattered, the water inside landing on the floor in a small puddle. Pyotr kept his eyes up, looking for the source of the feeling, but unable to find it, he turned his attention to the mess.

Great, I'll never hear the end of it from my boss.

Pyotr picked up the mess, making sure to get all the shards off the floor. Upon arriving in the back his manager approached him. The manager was a big man, but could move fast for his size.

"Grigory, you klutz! You keep dropping my glasses and china and I'll be going broke. You're on bussing duty for the rest of the week and so help me God if you break something else, you'll be on bus duty for the rest of the year...if I let you keep your job! Do you understand me?"
his boss shouted at a volume loud enough that all in the kitchen could hear, but not not loud enough that it was heard in the dining room. The man had perfected his volume over the course of a two decade career.

There was only one correct answer to that question, "Yes, sir."

The next day

Sighing, Pyotr picked up the cart for bussing tables. He went out into the dining room and collected some plates, setting them in rather carefully. No one paid him anymore mind as he continued with bussing duties. According to his boss, bussers should be invisible and Pyotr drew little attention to himself.

As Pyotr was setting a table, he felt the same feeling he had before, except this time, it was accompanied by a voice.

"I know what you can do."

Pyotr jumped, and his eyes darted around the room and rested a type of pipe that was above his head. It was the source of the sound. Before Pyotr could trace the pipe back, the voice spoke again.

"STOP! Turn around. Pretend to work."

Pyotr obeyed, his hands shaking as he set another spoon on the table. Pyotr was able to put the pieces together. He knew about his Luck. Was this man using Luck to talk to him?

The voice continued, “Tomorrow evening in the park at 7pm I will contact you, just like this. I can teach you about the power you have."

There was no longer any doubt in Pyotr's mind that the man was referring to Luck. No one around him had reacted to the voice, although one couple was giving him a strange look because he jumped. He finished that table and went in back to get a drink of water to calm his nerves. It had been quite a night.

The next day, Pyotr debated back and forth about going to meet this mystery man. Pyotr had no idea if the man had meant him harm or was serious with his offer. It could have been the man he had spilled spaghetti on a few weeks ago looking for payback.

After much debate, Pyotr decided to meet this man. If for no other reason than he might help him with the sick feeling he got after using his Luck.

At about 6:30, he left for the park. He walked from his own apartment and arrived at 6:50. He sat on a bench to wait for the mystery man.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 06-07-2014, 08:02 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 06-08-2014, 03:56 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 06-10-2014, 12:59 PM
[No subject] - by Pyotr Grigory - 06-14-2014, 09:50 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 06-16-2014, 12:44 PM
[No subject] - by Pyotr Grigory - 06-16-2014, 07:51 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 06-17-2014, 02:44 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 06-19-2014, 11:32 AM