This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A New Era
So, it seemed it was just a test after all. It was a particularly annoying stunt that he had pulled, using this as a test, only made worse by the fact that it was something Michael might have done himself were he in the other man's position. Nikolai had already made up his mind on the subject and laid down his demands before leaving.

Michael bowed his head in respect as he left, but it was the Deputy-Consul that held his attention. The man was curious and the air of faint amusement reminded him of Tony. Michael took an instant liking to the man who held his gaze without so much as a flicker of fear.

"Thank you, I shall use it well."

When they had both left, Michael remained with the Collective to hammer out the specifics. They seemed to acknowledge his talent, but held him at a cautious distance. He expected nothing less, and things proceeded relatively smoothly.

Dusk filled the sky outside as Michael left the room and made his way with the newly acquired clearance to report to Nikolai. He viewed the meeting with the Collective as a prelude to the real discussion. He had much he wanted to discuss with the man, and it seemed from the Deputy-Consul's words that Nikolai felt the same.

Before Michael arrived at the Ascendancy's public office, familiar to all of the Custody's citizens, he was scanned multiple times by security and several agents. Eventually a neat secretary ushered him forward and after announcing his arrival, opened the door.

Michael nodded his thanks to the secretary and entered. As the doors were closed firmly behind him, his posture slipped from rigid military style to a more natural confidence. The kind he found himself using as he worked with the power.

However, he was not stupid enough to attempt to seize the power here, he simply strode towards Nikolai as he sat at his desk, reporting as he did so. "Most of the details are sorted, Ascendancy. General Borodin was wary, for now we have agreed upon a structure that mimics the Special Operations division with only the most essential compromises. Once the program is underway and the General gains an understanding of what we are capable of, I will gradually mould the structure to a more efficient model,"
he paused for a moment, "with your approval, of course."
He handed the Ascendancy the data pad with all of the relevant details in full.

That said, Michael gestured towards the seat beside him and Nikolai obliged with a curt nod. As he seated himself across from Nikolai, a rare smile broke his usually severe features. "Your actions were impressive, Ascendancy, but there is an issue that needs to be resolved. I don't believe for a second that I have your trust, nor should I. If I am to create one of the most powerful forces in the world, you will need to trust me. I do not work well will a knife pressed between my shoulders. I don't expect you to trust me with the Custody itself, but there must be something."

He met Nikolai's eyes with an open gaze, filled with all of his emotions laid bare. His cold hatred of the Atharim, the allure of a challenge and even his honest desire to keep the world from falling to pieces in the wake of a new era. Most of all, he did not hide his personal dislike for the man. "If you have questions about myself or my past or my goals, I will answer."

Edited by Michael Vellas, Jul 8 2014, 06:50 PM.
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-03-2014, 09:12 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 07-05-2014, 04:51 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-06-2014, 03:18 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 07-06-2014, 07:24 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-06-2014, 08:06 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 07-06-2014, 09:20 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-06-2014, 10:05 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 07-07-2014, 06:06 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-08-2014, 06:46 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 07-09-2014, 06:17 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-09-2014, 06:58 PM