This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A New Era
It seemed that Nikolai wasn't satisfied with his explaination, nor were the men around him. Well, serves the bastard right. If the man expected a detailed response, he should have discussed it with him beforehand. The delicate nature of the subject required a careful hand. If he had said something Nikolai did not like, he would have found himself en-route to execution, such were the whims of tyrants.

Whatever the case was, Michael sat back and watched as the Ascendancy present his men with his plan. It was well played, but Michael had to wonder if it was perhaps overdone. These were the best the Custody had to offer, did they not think they were being kept in the dark? It was something he would have to pay attention to.

As expected, his nationality was questioned. It was perhaps a formality, but he nonetheless wondered if they had forgotten their own leader came from their biggest enemy?

Nikolai's reply was on the one hand deft, to question his loyalty now would be to question the Ascendancy's judgement. On the other, it was highly amusing, but he did nothing but dip his head in acknowledgement of the praise. Nikolai trusted him? It would be something Michael would have to discuss with the man at a later opportunity.

The man kept the details to himself, and Michael understood the need. What came as a shock though, was the suggestion that HE be made head of a newly created branch of the military. Perhaps the man really did trust him, and just liked pissing him off. He wouldn't put it past Nikolai Brandon.

When he was called upon, he stood again and lowered his guard, allowing a tinge of shock to show on his face. "I am honoured. If it pleases the Collective and the Ascendancy, I will do all in my power to fulfil my role."

One of the men cleared his throat and spoke in a Slavic accent. "What would such a force be capable of. This thing you speak of, it is rare yes? Will you have enough men to be of any real use?"

Michael nodded in respect at the question. It was a good opening, and he planned to use it to explain exactly what benefits they would enjoy without being pestered by relentless questions. "It is rare as you say, but there will be more than enough. If there were twenty men with the capabilities I displayed at Mecca, we could have destroyed the rebel assault. One hundred, and we could have held the city."
He paused, waiting for the man's acknowledgement which came with a slight nod and a pensive expression.

Michael continued before anyone could interject. "This force will be able to operate in small units to combat small threats. They will be extremely mobile as we require no weaponry or armour. We could mobilize a force immediately to combat threats within Moscow, and need only to await a flight to be deployed elsewhere."

He once again paused to let it sink in, but not long enough to answer questions. "We will also be able to act in conjunction with any other military unit, to bolster defence or provide assault force, similar to what you have seen of me."

"The force will also be extremely cost effective. For training purposes we would need only a building, first perhaps only just a hall until numbers increase. We need no weapons ammunition, vehicles or protective clothing, only uniforms. This also applies in the field. As you have seen, I provide the fire-power of an artillery unit with nothing but my uniform and power."

The comment was simply a statement of truth. Finally, Michael looked around the room. "I can have a full report on the capabilities this force can posses in extrapolation within the week and answer any further questions you may have."

Edited by Michael Vellas, Jul 6 2014, 09:10 PM.
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-03-2014, 09:12 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 07-05-2014, 04:51 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-06-2014, 03:18 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 07-06-2014, 07:24 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-06-2014, 08:06 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 07-06-2014, 09:20 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-06-2014, 10:05 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 07-07-2014, 06:06 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-08-2014, 06:46 PM
[No subject] - by Ascendancy - 07-09-2014, 06:17 PM
[No subject] - by Michael Vellas - 07-09-2014, 06:58 PM