This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Good Life
Elouera laughed at his little jokes. For some reason he smiled at that. He shouldn't be surprised. He had dated women before. He knew how to speak to them. And yet there it was all the same, that perverse pleasure at having made her laugh. It bothered Malik and he very nearly began to show a colder persona. But reason prevailed. This was necessary. He needed allies and resources. He might even say, he needed friends, after a fashion. Not friends in the conventional sense of the word. But the idea of doing this alone for the next three years- and longer- he palled at the thought. Malik sneered but Marcus pushed him down. He could let himself feel emotion. He did not reject them as if he had no control over himself. He ruled, not his emotions. As long as he was careful anyway, he could allow himself to form 'friendships'- especially with those who mattered.

Elouera mattered. She had been referred to as an MTV- the name had become part of the lexicon and meant insubstantial, though he was uncertain of its origin- style personality, and yet she was anything but. Somehow she had gotten accepted into the Consulate of Communication of the CCD. Her words during that meeting only emphasized how very substantial she was.

He wanted to know. He relaxed his demeanor. This should be interesting. To her question about spicy food he answered, "I do like spicy, as it happens. We never had it growing up."
He smiled as if in memory. "And of course the first time I ever ate a jalapeno was after I had started college. I very nearly lost my tongue. It took me a while, but now I actually find that it makes the flavors of the food sharper."

He held his hands up as if to show them completely empty and ready. "I am in your hands. Order any thing you think I might enjoy....as long as it doesn't have peanuts anyway,"
he said with a smile. "And then while we wait, I have some questions for you. In particular....how did you, so young, come to such an important position in the CCD?"
He'd asked Vellas the same question and gotten a nothing answer. He hoped Elouera would be more enticed to open up. He smiled at her. She really was quite interesting.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 09-13-2014, 02:28 PM
[No subject] - by Sora Ryuu - 09-13-2014, 02:33 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 09-13-2014, 02:59 PM
[No subject] - by Sora Ryuu - 09-13-2014, 03:34 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 09-13-2014, 03:40 PM
[No subject] - by Sora Ryuu - 09-13-2014, 04:02 PM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 09-13-2014, 04:09 PM
[No subject] - by Jaxen Marveet - 09-20-2014, 08:13 AM
[No subject] - by Marcus DuBois - 09-20-2014, 11:59 AM
[No subject] - by Sora Ryuu - 09-25-2014, 06:01 PM
[No subject] - by Jaxen Marveet - 09-30-2014, 07:07 PM